ilovechrist Posted March 21, 2004 Posted March 21, 2004 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Mar 20 2004, 08:23 PM'] Let's do it, even if it's a meeting on here the night of our proms. Although I know I won't be here. My Prom is Friday March 27. [/quote] !!! ours isn't until the beginning of May! lucky u
let_go_let_God Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 I would rather have my prom in May because I think it's suppost to be one of the last things you get to do as a senior. But it's Saturday why argue?
ilovechrist Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 whatever works.. i like them @ the end of the year just to be able to look forward to them.
let_go_let_God Posted March 27, 2004 Author Posted March 27, 2004 My prom is today/night so pray for me and my friends that everything goes well. Untill later May God bless and keep you all always-- LGLG
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 27, 2004 Posted March 27, 2004 (edited) These would be one of the main reasons I never went to prom... "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off...if your tongue causes you to sin, cut it out..." Edited March 27, 2004 by Raphael
ilovechrist Posted March 27, 2004 Posted March 27, 2004 u can have fun without sinning raphael, it just takes a good school, and good people!
Colleen Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Mar 27 2004, 04:39 PM'] u can have fun without sinning raphael, it just takes a good school, and good people! [/quote] unfortunately, I had neither a good, moral school or went to school with good, moral people. Otherwise, I might have gone and it might have been fun. -_-
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 [quote] u can have fun without sinning raphael, it just takes a good school, and good people![/quote] [quote] unfortunately, I had neither a good, moral school or went to school with good, moral people.[/quote] Ditto. My school was great academically. It was excellent dramatically. It was a football powerhouse (we had a Heisman Trophy Winner). It was not a moral place...at least, the students weren't moral. I also had just become interested in seminary and all the kids knew it. This was right after the scandals broke (I expressed my interest a month before the news), and I was receiving jeers, hatespeech and all sorts of carp. If I showed up at prom, even with a friend, I don't think that I would have gotten through without great insult and I wouldn't have wanted to make it bad for my date. It was just a bad idea all around...
ilovechrist Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 ick.. they don't sound too friendly over there.... ya u might've made the right choice after all--u thought through it
XIX Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 I went to my senior prom with a friend. That was it. It was one of my greatest memories of high school. The day of the prom...we went to the prom. The day after, we went to see a professional play and we talked a lot. That was it. Nothing illegal, nothing sketchy, and I feel I had a much better time than I would have if done what most of my other friends did. I agree; it breaks my heart that prom has turned into just another "party" kind of thing. Not that all parties are bad either...
let_go_let_God Posted March 28, 2004 Author Posted March 28, 2004 Well my senior prom has now past and I'm ready for a nap. Anyway my prom went well for the most part. My friend that I took with me and I may have acted the stupidest but I think we had the most fun. By stupid I mean cracking jokes, making stupid toasts with my friends during dinner, taking up most of the floor swing dancing and that's just to name part of what we did. My friends kinda laughed at the foot height difference between us (I'm 5'4" he's 6'4"), but I figure that's what makes the memories last. Untill later, may God bless and keep you always-- LGLG
ilovechrist Posted March 29, 2004 Posted March 29, 2004 YAY! sounds like you had fun! for some reason the girls in our area are OBSESSED with swing dancing.. n they have dragged me into it! it's crazy.. but at least i'm DEFINITELY not a wallflower like SOME people i know (and they know who they are--they're prob not even on here)
master_alterserver Posted March 30, 2004 Posted March 30, 2004 Lia said Zach is taking someone really good, but Zach is playing stupid.
ilovechrist Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 as usual zach is playing stupid....... i'm not that surprised... i wonder what lia's sources are?
master_alterserver Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go figure
immaculata Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Mar 29 2004, 05:35 PM'] YAY! sounds like you had fun! for some reason the girls in our area are OBSESSED with swing dancing.. n they have dragged me into it! it's crazy.. but at least i'm DEFINITELY not a wallflower like SOME people i know (and they know who they are--they're prob not even on here) [/quote] I'M OBCESSED WITH SWING DANCING, TOO!!!! Matt taught me how to swing for Homecoming last year, and now we've gotten really really good. It's so awesome......... man! *starts humming Zoot Suit Riot* haha.. we love go out in the middle of the dance floor and show off for everyone.
Iacobus Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 I can't dance at all. LOL, Kara says I danced like a "Chinese fighting pony."
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now