An Old School Catholic Message Board

King Of Bahrain Donates Plot Of Land To Build A Catholic Church

cappie

Galloglasses' Alt

[quote name='Roamin'Catholic' post='1745356' date='Jan 7 2009, 04:28 PM']It's not Islamic Persecution in Egypt, it's Islamic Apathy. There is no coherent conspiracy by the government or religious structure to persecute Christians; they just don't care and won't do anything about it when persecution does occur. They generally turn a blind eye.[/quote]
Pretty much like the Indian Government and the entire world turned a blind eye to the Persecutions in Orissa but nowhere near such an extreme case.

Roamin'Catholic

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1745364' date='Jan 7 2009, 05:36 PM']Pretty much like the Indian Government and the entire world turned a blind eye to the Persecutions in Orissa but nowhere near such an extreme case.[/quote]
It seems the situation in Orissa is far more extreme, then anything happening to Christians in Egypt. The fact that I have seen absolutely zero (and I unfortunately watch a lot of news) on Orissa in mainstream news only confirms my suspicions of the secular media.

Galloglasses' Alt

I knew they didn't care much for persecuted people the East or middle east, just look at The little attention shown to Burma, and the Chinese campaign in Tibet just prior to the Olympics recently.

Then of course this pales in comparison to the mainstream media's blatant ignorence of Orissa, I mean come on! It was plastered all of the net! How could you miss it!?

[quote name='Roamin'Catholic' post='1745356' date='Jan 7 2009, 05:28 PM']It's not Islamic Persecution in Egypt, it's Islamic Apathy. There is no coherent conspiracy by the government or religious structure to persecute Christians; they just don't care and won't do anything about it when persecution does occur. They generally turn a blind eye.[/quote]

The sentence was conditional for a reason with all due respect.

[quote name='Roamin'Catholic' post='1745361' date='Jan 7 2009, 05:33 PM']Sauid Arabia has been conducting negotiations to open a Catholic Church for all the migrant workers in that country over the past year. Pray this occurs; this would be a major accomplishment in a country that still officailly claims with a straight face 100% of its citizens are Muslim.
[url="http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=6247"]http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=6247[/url][/quote]

I thought the final word on that was they wouldn't be making a church?

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1745264' date='Jan 7 2009, 01:15 PM']Quite Possibly. but I doubt his fellow Muslims would approve of this generosity in terms of being given to another Religion.[/quote]

What makes you say that?

Galloglasses' Alt

[quote name='musturde' post='1748197' date='Jan 10 2009, 01:25 PM']What makes you say that?[/quote]
because of Islam itself, any efforts to help or allow evangelisation of another religion in a Muslim country is veiwed as sinful on behalf of the king.

And before you ask, no this is not just the radicals that believe this.