PatrickRitaMichael Posted February 3, 2004 Posted February 3, 2004 I like saying the Joyful Mysteries in front of the Eucharist b/c when it's the 5th one where "Jesus is found in the temple" I always smile b/c I think, "I was looking for Jesus, too and I found him right here in the temple!" :)
PaxChristi7 Posted February 3, 2004 Posted February 3, 2004 (edited) By far I'd have to say the sorrowful mysteries are my favorite. There's something so powerful about meditating upon the one act of God to redeem the whole of humanity. That's also why I can't wait for the Passion. Contrary to the Roman's intent, there's something glorious about what Christ endures. They're just a great source of meditation for me and they help bring me closer to Christ than the other meditations. p.s. I really don't like the title "Lurker." I just started here and I feel like I'm this sneaky spy infiltrating a Catholic stronghold. :D Edited February 3, 2004 by PaxChristi7
VeraMaria Posted February 8, 2004 Author Posted February 8, 2004 I like saying the Joyful Mysteries in front of the Eucharist b/c when it's the 5th one where "Jesus is found in the temple" I always smile b/c I think, "I was looking for Jesus, too and I found him right here in the temple!" :cool:
Confessionator741 Posted February 8, 2004 Posted February 8, 2004 have u ever said the sorrowful just before confession... im talkin scriptual rosary, Blessed Sacrament... it hits you, and it hits you HARD. It just makes confession that much more amazing. B
VeraMaria Posted February 8, 2004 Author Posted February 8, 2004 I did that when i was confessing before confirmation...it was powerful.
VeraMaria Posted July 17, 2004 Author Posted July 17, 2004 bump. this is a good poll. sorrowful are winning.
WillT Posted July 17, 2004 Posted July 17, 2004 (edited) I voted Sorrowful because I find it very helpful to meditate on these mysteries at any time. If I am comfortable, they make me say "why am I comfortable", which usually leads to the answer "I've been lax in my faith or in standing up for it", if I am suffering in any way, it gives me a greater unerstanding of suffering's good, holy, and sanctifying properties, and it always leaves me in amazement that this is how God chose to save us, to come and suffer and die just so we can be with Him forever. These mysteries are very, very powerful to me, espscially in front of the Blessed Sacrement. Edited July 17, 2004 by WillT
Andrea348 Posted July 17, 2004 Posted July 17, 2004 My favorite are the joyful mysteries. My favorite individual mystery is the Annunciation because it helps me a lot to meditate on Mary's willingness to follow God's will.
StColette Posted July 17, 2004 Posted July 17, 2004 My fave mysteries are the Glorious Mysteries, 5 powerful events all taking place within one set Though I do love the entire Rosary, the Glorious Mysteries are just amazing to me.
Carnanc Posted July 17, 2004 Posted July 17, 2004 couldn't say my choice means much cause they are all wonderful and important. but I went with the joyful cause for some reason I have the easiest time concentrating on those, I would have several reasons to choose the others ones to. though I have not yet really done the luminous more than a couple times. I prefer to do a 15 decade rosary a day, and don't know how to add in the luminous.
XIX Posted July 17, 2004 Posted July 17, 2004 My favorites are the sorrowful mysteries, even though my fave individual mystery is the Annunciation, and the institution of the Eucharist.
Sinner Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 The Luminous....... They are great cause they are new, brought by JP2, and include the Ministry of Jesus.... Institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper!?!?!?!....... Cmon, thats the bestest!
VeraMaria Posted July 19, 2004 Author Posted July 19, 2004 [quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='Jul 17 2004, 06:36 PM'] [color=blue]I actually love them all [/color] [/quote] same here But the Joyful...:wub: and I love the mystery of the wedding at Cana!!!
Christina Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 (edited) Hey all.... I've composed the [url="http://ecatholic2000.com/rosary/rosary.shtml"]Mysteries of the Rosary[/url] in a Scriptural format. Come check it out. Feel free to print them out if you want. Edited July 19, 2004 by Christina
theculturewarrior Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 I chose luminous. Not because I think they are the "best" and certainly not because I think they are the most important. I chose them because I can relate more to them. I have never been resurrected, except perhaps in the most alleghorical way. But I have been baptised. I have never died on the cross, but I have received the Eucharist. I have never been scourged or visited by Mary, but I have been to a wedding. No, water wasn't turned to wine, but wine was turned to Blood. I guess in my phase of life, as an adult, and adult convert, the Luminous Mysteries show the humanity of Jesus so clearly. Of course, the Joyful Mysteries are incarnational, but the Luminous Mysteries...well...you know.
BurkeFan Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 My favorite set of mysteries has to be the sorrowful... just wonderful testaments of God's love, and stuff. My favorite single mystery, however, would be the third luminous mystery... the proclamation of the Kingdom of God and the call to conversion. In Christ, Dave
Mickey's_Girl Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 The Luminous Mysteries, for sure! :wub: Not sure why, exactly. I've only been praying the rosary a few weeks! All I know is, I'm always happy when it's "luminous day". (I am such a nerd.) In any case, I think theculturewarrior's points on this are good. MG
Ash Wednesday Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 Luminous is a really beautiful word. Though I gravitate towards the Sorrowful as being the ones I "get into" the most. I think my single most favorite mystery is the carrying of the cross and praying for patience, because it has the most relevance in my life.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now