Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confessing Multiple Abortions


Recommended Posts

Posted

I hope people won't judge me for what I'm going to say.

Back in my youth I hade more than one abortion. I was young and stupid and selfish. However, a few months ago I went to confession and confessed the abortions. I think I remember that I told the priest that I "had more than one", but I can't remember. Frankly, I'm having trouble remembering this as it was a very emotional thing. (I made this confession in the same church my mother, who passed away, went to.) I was crying so I could hardly speak.

I know that we must confess mortal sins by number and type, but I don't know if: I said exactly how many (3) or that I knew at that time I needed to say this. Was my confession and absolution valid?

Since that confession I've been going regurarly to Mass, weekly and daily, and have been taking communion. I am also involved in the Project Rachel ministry and would highly reccomend it to anyone who has an abortion in their past.

thank you for your help.

Carson Weber
Posted

First, I just want to say to you..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!.. :balloons:

....That is, for coming back to the Father and receiving his loving mercy... everytime I hear of a beautiful child of God's restoration to the family and the Father's good graces after the clutches of our culture of death :funeral:, I just want to cry with them and rejoice with the angels. :whistle:

Secondly, be assured that your sins were forgiven and that you were restored to the state of grace as long as you weren't intentionally holding back a sin, and thus keeping it from being confessed out of your own will.

However, the Church asks that if you inadvertantly forget to confess a sin in Confession, you should confess this sin (and any others you forgot) the next time you go to Confession.

I am so glad that you are involved with Project Rachel ----- Praise God!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...