Vincent Vega Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 Prayed for y'all at mass yesterday...any updates?
Hassan Posted February 2, 2009 Author Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1768807' date='Feb 1 2009, 07:11 PM']Prayed for y'all at mass yesterday...any updates?[/quote] I appreciate that you thought of it to pray at mass. He died yesterday night, I guess it took longer than usual because he was in such pristine physical shape. I appreciate the prayers and concern a lot. thanks guys.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 2, 2009 Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1769142' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:50 PM']I appreciate that you thought of it to pray at mass. He died yesterday night, I guess it took longer than usual because he was in such pristine physical shape. I appreciate the prayers and concern a lot. thanks guys.[/quote] May God hold him in the palm of His hand. Rest in Peace.
Vincent Vega Posted February 2, 2009 Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1769142' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:50 PM']I appreciate that you thought of it to pray at mass. He died yesterday night, I guess it took longer than usual because he was in such pristine physical shape. I appreciate the prayers and concern a lot. thanks guys.[/quote] It's always a shame...be thankful for the time you did have with him; it's not too often that such influential people come in to our lives. Nothing can take those moments you had with him away from you. I'll pray for his soul.
Hassan Posted February 2, 2009 Author Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1767424' date='Jan 31 2009, 02:46 AM']I love gojo ryu. Real karate takes dedication and patience. If he was a real karateka, like it definitely sounds like he was, then it's almost a given that he's lead a rewarding life. I shall pray that he's made his peace with God.[/quote] lol, like a couple of months after his major brain surgery he was back at the Dojo apparently. When I went during the summer he was in better shape than I was by far, which is why I was so shocked that he fell apart so quickly. yeah, he was a real karateka, 8th degree blackbelt and an expert surfer. Apparently towards the end he started teaching a lot of more exotic forms, like trying to pass on his knowledge to the next generation of Sensei's before the time came. So I guess he knew his time was short.
Hassan Posted February 2, 2009 Author Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1769149' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:52 PM']It's always a shame...be thankful for the time you did have with him; it's not too often that such influential people come in to our lives. Nothing can take those moments you had with him away from you. I'll pray for his soul.[/quote] yeah, he taught me a lot about being a man and an honorable human being, even if I fail to live up to those standards often. I guess it has made me more thoughtful about those things he taught me, so that's something to remember. Thanks
cmotherofpirl Posted February 2, 2009 Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1769157' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:57 PM']yeah, he taught me a lot about being a man and an honorable human being, even if I fail to live up to those standards often. I guess it has made me more thoughtful about those things he taught me, so that's something to remember. Thanks[/quote] The passing of the honorable ones entails an obligation to those left behind. Its your turn then to honor him by being the man he thought you could be, and teaching the next generation to be good men.
Hassan Posted February 2, 2009 Author Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1769161' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:03 AM']The passing of the honorable ones entails an obligation to those left behind. Its your turn then to honor him by being the man he thought you could be, and teaching the next generation to be good men.[/quote] yeah, that's absolutly correct.
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 2, 2009 Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1769142' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:50 AM']I appreciate that you thought of it to pray at mass. He died yesterday night, I guess it took longer than usual because he was in such pristine physical shape. I appreciate the prayers and concern a lot. thanks guys.[/quote] Eternal rest grant unto him... Sorry for your loss Hassan.
Hassan Posted February 2, 2009 Author Posted February 2, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1769165' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:06 AM']Eternal rest grant unto him... Sorry for your loss Hassan.[/quote] thanks CSG
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now