Brother Adam Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 What I've learned about the Rosary since I used it about a month ago... I've learned that it is by far the most complex prayer and petition that I've ever seen before. I'm sorry, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to pray the rosary vainly. Not only do you have to remember the petitions themselves, but you also have the mysteries (scripture) to meditate on, and on top of that you have your intentions to keep in mind. Holy smokes. Using the rosary takes all of your concentration- you are doing three things in your mind at once. That really blew me away. I'm still suffering from culture shock though. I've prayed constantly and hard about Mary's role. I've read Catholic books and protestant books. And I've read the scriptures. God has given me peace that as Jesus is my spiritual brother and God is my spiritual father, Mary has been placed, through the grace of God alone, in a place of spiritual motherhood. Through my reading, personal prayer, and experience, I really don't believe asking others to pray for us takes glory away from God in anyway. To me though, I feel closer to Christ. And even though the rosary has many Mariam prayers, I really to sense that when my mind is ever on Mary, it is also on Jesus. Bro. Adam
Brother Adam Posted March 19, 2004 Author Posted March 19, 2004 Oh, and please offer up any praise to God. I did want to share it with you though.
dUSt Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 For me, my acceptance of Mary's role was like a maturing of my relationship with Christ. I feel that by knowing Mary, it has helped me know Christ in a more complete, and personal way. She truly is the vessel which brought and continues to bring Christ into this world. God bless.
Jake Huether Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Bro. You're awesome. God bless you, and may Mary pray for you always.
IcePrincessKRS Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 19 2004, 11:44 AM'] To me though, I feel closer to Christ. And even though the rosary has many Mariam prayers, I really to sense that when my mind is ever on Mary, it is also on Jesus. [/quote] Now THATS what I'm talkin' about! Woot! hehe God Bless and keep you Adam. I'm praying for you.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 (edited) You have beautifully summarized the essence of the rosary and how it brings you closer to God. You get a golden star sticker... ...Oh...I'm out, you'll have to settle for a smiley face sticker ----> Edited March 19, 2004 by Raphael
willguy Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 So, is it bad when the Baptist describes the Rosary better than you can? If you're interested Bro, dUSt put my article on Mary back us in the Squash the Bunkness column. It probably doesn't have anything you haven't heard before, but I've gotta get the shameless self-promotion in somehow.
mom25angels Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 19 2004, 11:44 AM'] And even though the rosary has many Mariam prayers, I really to sense that when my mind is ever on Mary, it is also on Jesus. Bro. Adam [/quote] You've got it!!! Exactly. To Jesus through Mary. I'm so glad for you, now watch and see what she'll do for you. Sarah
homeschoolmom Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Okay, here's what I need.... a rosary kit... complete with diagrams and instructions of what I am supposed to be praying/meditating on for each bead.... I look at it and I am compeletly lost...
Dave Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 High five for Brother Adam! Praise God for another hurdle cleared!
mom25angels Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 19 2004, 02:11 PM'] Okay, here's what I need.... a rosary kit... complete with diagrams and instructions of what I am supposed to be praying/meditating on for each bead.... I look at it and I am compeletly lost... [/quote] Ever thought of getting a rosary CD? There are some excellant ones out there and it's a great way to learn. Sarah
Brother Adam Posted March 19, 2004 Author Posted March 19, 2004 homeschoolmom, Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader?
Aloysius Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 oh wow. not only does bro adam now have a devotion to the Rosary, HE'S SPREADING IT! GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO!
homeschoolmom Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Mar 19 2004, 02:47 PM']oh wow. not only does bro adam now have a devotion to the Rosary, HE'S SPREADING IT! GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO! [/quote] :rotfl: :thatsfunny: :rotfl: To answer Bro. Adam's question... yes, we do.
marielapin Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 You are soo right, Bro Adam. The Rosary is exceedingly complex. I was very awed the first time Jared introduced it to me. It is such a beautiful form of prayer, but it does take all of your concentration. I have trouble praying it unless I am in the proper environment. If there is any noise whatsoever, I lose my concentration. So I usually pray it whenever I am at Adoration. Before Mass and during the week I usually pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. I usually pray it with 2 layers of elements: the prayers themselves and an intention. If I do not pray with intentions I substitute them with meditations on the Passion.
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 homeschoolmom, dont know which one is easier for you to follow, but here are jus a few sites to help you if you want to look at them.... [url="http://www.rosary-center.org/howto.htm"]http://www.rosary-center.org/howto.htm[/url] [url="http://www.worland.com/magdalen/rosary.htm"]http://www.worland.com/magdalen/rosary.htm[/url] [url="http://www.newadvent.org/faq/rosary.pdf"]http://www.newadvent.org/faq/rosary.pdf[/url] [url="http://www.familyrosary.org/main/rosary-how.php"]http://www.familyrosary.org/main/rosary-how.php[/url] don't worry the more you say it, the more easier it becomes. soon it'll be very natural and you'll know the mysteries off the top of your head and the order that they go in. its kinda alot, but with each hail mary, is a rose placed before Our Lady :wub: i highly recommend praying it with your husband and children, the family rosary is most powerful. :hearts: :group: and much more easier to learn when praying with others. like mom25 angels suggested, a tape/cd with the rosary is also good for car rides, etc. i would recommend also going to yoru catholic book store and buying a good rosary book to follow to help you, theres alot of good ones that are very cheap and simple to follow. oh and bro. adam....my prayers are with you......for Jesus cannot refuse anything His Mother asks of Him! :wub: :wub: :wub: God bless! flowery +JMJ "A family that prays together, Stays together"--Fr. Peyton, the Rosary Priest
Ash Wednesday Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote]So, is it bad when the Baptist describes the Rosary better than you can? [/quote] :crackup: When you start praying the rosary, I'm telling ya, it's like a snowball effect. Things are never the same after that. Fuggedaboutit!
Brother Adam Posted March 19, 2004 Author Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 19 2004, 03:01 PM'] :rotfl: :thatsfunny: :rotfl: To answer Bro. Adam's question... yes, we do. [/quote] homeschool mom, there is an awesome 1 page document titled "How to recite the Rosary" at www.newadvent.org
homeschoolmom Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 19 2004, 03:19 PM'] homeschool mom, there is an awesome 1 page document titled "How to recite the Rosary" at www.newadvent.org [/quote] n'kay... thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now