eagle_eye222001 Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 Alright. Looks like there is enough interest... To participate, you'll need a Yahoo I.D. Which is easy to get. To get a Yahoo I.D.. go to [url="http://www.yahoo.com/"]http://www.yahoo.com/[/url] and click where it says "Sign Up" over on the left side. We will be playing 15 minute games. Each side gets 15 minutes for all their moves. To sign up, post and display your yahoo i.d. This tournament will be 4 rounds (assuming we get at least 5 people to play otherwise we will have a round robin style tournament). Pairings will be made based on total score (win gets one point, loss gets nothing, and a draw gets a half point.) This tournament will determine who the Current Phatmass Chess Champ is........ so sign up by posting your yahoo i.d. eagle_eye222001 ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/green+day/track/she"]Green Day - She[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url] ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/red+hot+chili+peppers/track/hey"]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Hey[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 I'll play, but 15 minutes... that is how long it takes me to make one move.
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 14, 2009 Author Posted February 14, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1780831' date='Feb 14 2009, 05:52 PM']I'll play, but 15 minutes... that is how long it takes me to make one move.[/quote] Well...when you sign up, let me know what your preferred time control is. I was throwing out 15 minutes as that means the game cannot go longer than 30 minutes as I know people have lives outside of phatmass. Or maybe you don't. If a majority want a longer time control, we'll change it. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matisyahu/track/king+without+a+crown"]Matisyahu - King Without a Crown[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 (edited) [quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1780836' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:55 PM']Well...when you sign up, let me know what your preferred time control is. I was throwing out 15 minutes as that means the game cannot go longer than 30 minutes as I know people have lives outside of phatmass. Or maybe you don't. If a majority want a longer time control, we'll change it. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matisyahu/track/king+without+a+crown"]Matisyahu - King Without a Crown[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote] Contrary to popular opinion and what it might appear, I [b]do [/b]have a life outside Phatmass. It's actually very active and hectic. hmp! How do you play? Edited February 14, 2009 by TotusTuusMaria
Hassan Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1780863' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:18 PM']Contrary to popular opinion and what it might appear, I [b]do [/b]have a life outside Phatmass. It's actually very active and hectic. hmp! [/quote] Dear, watching your "stories" is not an active and hectic life I'd love to play, secret Muslim invented chess and we are often amongst its greatest players, unfortunatly I'm....uhmmm....busy .....so I don't have time to humiliate myself at the moment
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1780867' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:21 PM']Dear, watching your "stories" is not an active and hectic life [/quote]
Hassan Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1780870' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:23 PM'][/quote]
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 (edited) ah, finally read the end of the post. duh. lol. Ok: yahoo id: totustuusmaria@ymail.com Edited February 14, 2009 by TotusTuusMaria
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 14, 2009 Posted February 14, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1780873' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:27 PM'][/quote] You're cruel.
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 14, 2009 Author Posted February 14, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1780863' date='Feb 14 2009, 06:18 PM']Contrary to popular opinion and what it might appear, I [b]do [/b]have a life outside Phatmass. It's actually very active and hectic. hmp! How do you play?[/quote] Um, honestly when I asked if you had a life outside phatmass, I did not mean you specifically but I meant you as in everyone on Phatmass. I may have messed up in delivering that meaning. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matisyahu/track/king+without+a+crown"]Matisyahu - King Without a Crown[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
TotusTuusMaria Posted February 15, 2009 Posted February 15, 2009 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1780906' date='Feb 14 2009, 07:52 PM']Um, honestly when I asked if you had a life outside phatmass, I did not mean you specifically but I meant you as in everyone on Phatmass. I may have messed up in delivering that meaning. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matisyahu/track/king+without+a+crown"]Matisyahu - King Without a Crown[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote] It's ok eagle. I get it. Don't sweat it.
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 15, 2009 Author Posted February 15, 2009 Okay so far we have... eagle_eye222001-----eagle_eye222001 TotusTuusMaria-------totustuusmaria XIX--------------------shorthandedrosary Anyone else? The winner of this tournament will be recognized as the Phatmass Chess Champion. Sign up. My brother better be playing. I may have to call him and tell him to sign up. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matisyahu/track/king+without+a+crown"]Matisyahu - King Without a Crown[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
kafka Posted February 15, 2009 Posted February 15, 2009 is the yahoo i.d. the same as the first half of one's email address?
XIX Posted February 15, 2009 Posted February 15, 2009 If we want to come up with an arbitrary method of determining a time control, Yahoo's default is 10 minute games with 15 second increments per move. So you start out with 10 mins, but you get 15 seconds added on after every move. It's not a bad control. You can't spend as much time as you feel like because you'll run out of time, but the 15 second increment makes it hard to lose on time. Which I like.
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 15, 2009 Author Posted February 15, 2009 [quote name='kafka' post='1780953' date='Feb 14 2009, 08:24 PM']is the yahoo i.d. the same as the first half of one's email address?[/quote] Uh, if it's a yahoo email account....... [quote name='XIX' post='1781050' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:46 PM']If we want to come up with an arbitrary method of determining a time control, Yahoo's default is 10 minute games with 15 second increments per move. So you start out with 10 mins, but you get 15 seconds added on after every move. It's not a bad control. You can't spend as much time as you feel like because you'll run out of time, but the 15 second increment makes it hard to lose on time. Which I like.[/quote] Sounds alright. Pretty equivalent to G/15...Unless anyone has any real objections we'll play with that. [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1781052' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:49 PM']When do we get to play?[/quote] Never. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/red+hot+chili+peppers/track/tell+me+baby"]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url] Um, well close registration on Friday to give everyone a chance.,and I'll arrange the pairings according to alphabetical order and pair the top with the middle, 2nd from the top to the one below the middle ...etc... If we have like 4-6 people we'll probably just play a round robin. Probably do a game a week so players can arrange matches according to individual schedules. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/red+hot+chili+peppers/track/tell+me+baby"]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 16, 2009 Author Posted February 16, 2009 Check out the first post. ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/nickelback/track/just+for"]Nickelback - Just For[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now