An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pelosi Remains Pro-death.

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Pelosi to Remain Pro-Abortion

BY Tim Drake

Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:33 PM

Those wondering what impact Nancy Pelosi’s meetings with Pope Benedict XVI yesterday, and San Francisco Archbishop George Niederauer 11 days ago have had on the Speaker, have to wonder no more. They haven’t had an impact, at least not on her positions on the life issue.

Pelosi’s spokesman, Brendan Daly confirmed with me just minutes ago that she has no plans to change her position on abortion.

“She has said, as it says in the Democratic party platform, she wants to reduce the number of abortions,” said Daly. “But she will remain pro-choice.”

While much was made of Pelosi’s meeting with the Pope yesterday, few knew about her meeting 10 days prior with her own local ordinary.

That revelation was discovered by Michael Voris, executive director of the Boston-based RealCatholicTV.com.

Apparently, not even the Archdiocese’s communications director, Maurice Healy, was aware that the meeting had taken place until Feb. 17.

Interestingly, neither the Archbishop nor Pelosi have made any statements regarding their meeting.

Healy told me that the impetus for the meeting were Pelosi’s public remarks on “Meet the Press” last August.

“Her ‘Meet the Press’ statements were really extraordinary,” said Healy. “They were the impetus for the personal meeting. The Archbishop felt that she didn’t have an appreciation of Catholic doctrine and he wanted to address that.”

Healy described it as a pastoral meeting and didn’t expect that any public statements would be made about it.

“They had a productive meeting,” Daly told me. Asked whether the two had reached any agreement on the issues first raised last September, Daly said, “They agreed to have dialogue and that they would meet again.”

“She’s had a consistent record of disregarding the Church’s teachings,” said Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League. “I regard her as the most brazen and bold Catholic in the U.S. Congress. She’s an emissary of the Obama administration.”

National Catholic Register

Not surprised at all.
The Holy Father overestimated her intelligence.
What he needed to say is:
"Me pope. You Nancy. Nancy wrong. Nancy no kill babies any more. Nancy kill babies, Nancy no get Communion. Nancy understand?"
That's about the best she'd be able to do (that is, if she could stomach "understand" and "communion"...I think anything more than about 6 letters and she starts to get lost).

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1785522' date='Feb 19 2009, 02:03 PM']Not surprised at all.
"Me pope. You Nancy. Nancy wrong. Nancy no kill babies any more. Nancy kill babies, Nancy no get Communion. Nancy understand?"
That's about the best she'd be able to do (that is, if she could stomach "understand" and "communion"...I think anything more than about 6 letters and she starts to get lost).[/quote]
:lol_roll:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1785522' date='Feb 19 2009, 02:03 PM']Not surprised at all.
That's about the best she'd be able to do (that is, if she could stomach "understand" and "communion"...I think anything more than about 6 letters and she starts to get lost).[/quote]

Very Funny...

And a true representation of her Catholic Faith knowledge.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1785522' date='Feb 19 2009, 01:03 PM']Not surprised at all.

I'm not too sure that he didn't dumb it down substantially. It's obvious nothing else is working.

It would not be so angering if intellegence was the issue but it is not. It is boldface defiance and deliberate misrepresentation of Church teaching. It is cafeteria Catholicism at its worse and although many Catholics are just like her she is the Speaker of the House with a lethal combination of a camera, a mic and big mouth.

It is an afront to the Trinity. I don't know if I can be more plain and although we are [i]all[/i] sinners we actually have shame but obviouos that is something she does not posses.

Edited by socalscout

HisChildForever

[quote]“She’s had a consistent record of disregarding the Church’s teachings,” said Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League. “I regard her as the most brazen and bold Catholic in the U.S. Congress. She’s an emissary of the Obama administration.”[/quote]

A so-called Catholic [b]praised[/b] her for disregarding Church teaching?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sigh. That's what stinks about free will. God Himself could meet with her, and I doubt she would listen.

[quote]"Me pope. You Nancy. Nancy wrong. Nancy no kill babies any more. Nancy kill babies, Nancy no get Communion. Nancy understand?"[/quote]

:P

HisChildForever

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1785755' date='Feb 19 2009, 07:02 PM']when will the official excommunication announcements begin?[/quote]

This is exactly what I have been thinking. I was also thinking that the Pope wanted to meet with her first before making such an announcement, as a last attempt.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1785809' date='Feb 19 2009, 07:30 PM']This is exactly what I have been thinking. I was also thinking that the Pope wanted to meet with her first before making such an announcement, as a last attempt.[/quote]

If the Church wants to clean house...

----------------
Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/john+powell/track/moscow+wind+up"]John Powell - Moscow Wind Up[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

goldenchild17

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1785522' date='Feb 19 2009, 01:03 PM']Not surprised at all.

Did she make it known that she doesn't understand the teaching? Maybe its as simple as she knows the Church doesn't allow abortion but she just simply doesn't agree. Obviously she's wrong, but that doesn't mean she doesn't understand what Benedict told her.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1785822' date='Feb 19 2009, 08:48 PM']Did she make it known that she doesn't understand the teaching? Maybe its as simple as she knows the Church doesn't allow abortion but she just simply doesn't agree. Obviously she's wrong, but that doesn't mean she doesn't understand what Benedict told her.[/quote]
I would sincerely hope that she still doesn't understand; otherwise, she is committing grave acts of sacrilege and scandal. For her sake, I hope she's just denser than Tungsten.

goldenchild17

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1785842' date='Feb 19 2009, 07:14 PM']I would sincerely hope that she still doesn't understand; otherwise, she is committing grave acts of sacrilege and scandal. For her sake, I hope she's just denser than Tungsten.[/quote]

Maybe, I just find it quite hard to believe that she's able to handle any and all duties required by a house member/somewhat prominent govt person and yet be stupid enough to not understand something despite being corrected MULTIPLE times. It's not like the Pope is the first person who would have told her anything about it. If I'm not mistaken she also met with her bishop and I don't know who else. I'd hope she's just mistaken, but I'm not going to pretend like I believe that is the case.