homeschoolmom Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 My beloved husband spent the evening telling my mom about our conversion. I didn't have the heart to do it. (We couldn't both do it... children are too interuptive)... And, I am tying up the phone line so that she can't call me tonight. I don't want to talk about it while she is still mad!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I have no idea how it went... I'm guessing not well. Tomorrow we will call his parents in AZ and tell them... over the phone... and they will have had no way to see it coming... Last they knew we were a nice little Baptist family with absolutely no understanding of Catholicism... See what happens when you snowbird??? Pray for us...
annie Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 God bless you and your hearts.....will pray for all involved. Our family has the opposite problem---a bro in law who left the Church and we all just found out. It is sticky, but your post has helped me to get a grip on my emotions and remember how much we love him, and that God is sovereign and people are loved to Christ, not argued to Christ......Thanks for sharing!
the_rev Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 May God the Everlasting Father Bless you and Confort you!
Colleen Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 Sorry to hear about the difficulty. But I will keep you in my prayers. Don't worry, just ask the Holy Spirit to guide your words.
Aloysius Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 sadly, it's just what the reprecussions are of Christ's radical message [quote]Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.[/quote] [i]St. Matthew 10:34-35[/i] just read this passage and know that this is the right path, and Christ promised such things would happen. just take courage and rejoice, for you are truly blessed and your reward is great in heaven [i]St. Matthew 5:10-12[/i], pray for them to find the truth too. Pax et Amorque Christi. may the Love of Christ melt through their hearts if their hearts are hardened to His Church.
jmjtina Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 amen Al! Our prayers are with you and your family homeschoolmom!!!!! your NOT a chicken......... especially during Lent. :ph34r:
homeschoolmom Posted March 20, 2004 Author Posted March 20, 2004 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Mar 19 2004, 08:46 PM'] your NOT a chicken......... especially during Lent. :ph34r: [/quote] Thanks... :crackup:
Aloysius Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 lol, wouldn't lent be the safest time to be a chicken? we wouldn't be hunting you lol JK
homeschoolmom Posted March 20, 2004 Author Posted March 20, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Aloysius' date='Mar 19 2004, 09:02 PM'] lol, wouldn't lent be the safest time to be a chicken? we wouldn't be hunting you lol JK [/quote] hmmm... okay, I can buy that... I guess on Easter I will have to not be a chicken anymore.... or a chocolate bunny... Edited March 20, 2004 by homeschoolmom
jmjtina Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='Mar 19 2004, 09:02 PM'] lol, wouldn't lent be the safest time to be a chicken? we wouldn't be hunting you lol JK [/quote] I don't give up meat ALL of the Lent season......... don't forget about Saturday! :crackup:
homeschoolmom Posted March 20, 2004 Author Posted March 20, 2004 Well, thanks everyone for helping spend some time trying to not worry... I've been here for... hokey smokes, Bullwinkle... THREE HOURS... I'm going to polish off a box of Thin Mints and get ready for bed... g'nite everyone. Love you all!!!! :sleep:
Lil Red Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 praying for you and your family! (lol, I almost typed "my" family! I'm too tired to type correctly.)
homeschoolmom Posted March 20, 2004 Author Posted March 20, 2004 (edited) Well... here's how it went... Mom was upset, thought we were "smarter" than that... thought she would never try to talk us into being Baptist, but thought that would be better than Catholic!!! Thought we were doing our children a big disservice... we won't find nearly the children's programs we have now, thought we should talk to our pastor, thought we were stronger in our faith... yadda, yadda, yadda.... :irate: :irate: Edited March 20, 2004 by homeschoolmom
Aloysius Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 the sword that seperates the Church from the world i just wish so many Christians didn't take the world's side
Carson Weber Posted March 20, 2004 Posted March 20, 2004 I hear that the Mormon children programs are wonderful.. maybe I should consider following the God who lives with his wife on the planet Kolob if I get better child care out of it for my future children? It makes you wonder where people's priorities are these days: (1) Convenience or (2) Truth.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now