An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Believe In Intense Conversion Experiences?

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1830326' date='Apr 9 2009, 08:30 PM']But they can -- and do happen. It really depends on God, and each experience is different and quite personal. All tend to have one thing in common -- the person starts to follow Jesus a bit more intently than before. Even when the conversion happens over years it becomes obvious (in hindsight) that God was working in the person's life.[/quote]

[color="#000080"] What a wonderful thread ---of course, indeed, sudden inexplicable stardust from the Divine Realms themselves fall on us ----- or me.
So many times I tried to write them down - I thought I had the 2 dozen times and still there are more ----why they happen to me and in the intense way they do I don't know. A dear friend said -after my last couple ---that it was not that I was any more special than anyone else just that I was listening, aware - my attention was on the Divine. That was all, pure and simple. Then sometimes I think ---it may have been simply because I needed the experience more than someone else ---certainly, not that I am "better" than anyone else. Ha!

I would love to tell of my experiences - but there are so many -- conversion, oh yes!
I, of course, know what others mean by not sharing to others sometimes ---but, I think we must be bold -I think even though others may think us whacky ----who cares, has anyone else told them such a story ---when the Lord, Holy Spirit Himself graced you with an altered state of consciousness where you perceive the very atoms and nano particles and how nothing, absolutely nothing exists but for God ---that all is in Him and He in it.

How glorious, even if the person thinks you're crazy ---I'll be a fool for God anytime to declare how His Grace and Divine Gifts are there for them, too ----just Be still -wait and expect and accept. Palms open.

God Bless,
Jon[/color]