An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Church - Ekklesia - Built On Peter.

ironmonk

u know what this means?

all the non-Catholics now HAVE TO become Catholic.

if u can't argue wit the Papacy, it must be true :P

::WE WIN::

fine.

so you must agree that since i don't belong to your church, i do not love Christ and have not changed my life for Christ.

We don't question the love for God of those who remain non-Catholic out of invincible ignorance. However, mulls, you belonged to the Catholic Church and then left it. There was no need for you to leave the Church to change your life for Christ. None whatsoever. You may have thought God was guiding you to become part of another church, but He was doing no such thing. The Catholic Church contains the fullness of truth, and God is a God of truth. God DOES NOT and CANNOT lead ANYONE to do whatever is contrary to that truth. You left the Catholic Church due to your ignorance, feeling, and opinions. If you rely on those, you will ALWAYS be led astray.

I can't see inside your heart to make a judgment as to whether or not you love Christ. However, if a person knows, or is at least in a position where they ought to know, that the Catholic Church teaches the whold truth, yet refuse to enter it, they're putting their feelings and opinions ABOVE God.

you don't know me or what i've been through, no matter how much i explained about myself.

nothing productive will come out of arguing this any more.

i guess i'm avoiding on of those 'near occasions of sin.'

u posted a whole bunch, mulls, but u never argued with the papacy.

that's because it's impossible. The papacy perfectly follows God's plan for the unity of His Church, and u cannot refute it.

BOOYA! we win.

become Catholic already!

Pax Christi

To know which Church that Christ built, we must look back to the 1st century.

We must look with logic and fact.

Not bigotry, ignorance, and emotion.

If someone honestly thinks that the Catholic Church was NOT built by Christ, then they should not be Catholic...

If someone knows that the Catholic Church was built by Christ and refuses to be in the Church, then they love themselves more than they love Christ...

mulls,

If the Catholic Church is not the one built by Christ, then which is?

No other Christian church has been around for 2000 years.

The Catholic Church gave us the Canon of the New Testament. If it wasn't for the Catholic Church, we would not have the NT.

"We are compelled to concede to the Papists that they have the Word of God, that we received it from them, and that without them we should have no knowledge of it at all."

~ Martin Luther, Commentary on St. John

Your posts on this thread do not address what the Church is and it being built on Peter... You are not proving the topic wrong...

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary, Pax Christi, Shalom, etc... ;)

ironmonk