An Old School Catholic Message Board

Original Languages Of John 6

goldenchild17

Just wondering if viewing XXX rated files got us more time than just X rated files?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Bruce S

goldenchild17

Okay, so I'm in dis conversation wit another guy right? And I have some troubles see? So I need some guidance from ya'll smarty peoples! k?

We're discussing the Eucharist and I'm telling him about how Christ spoke literally and how His body is real food and his blood real drink. Well, now He's telling me how this is just referring to His Spiritual self, not His physical. After all the physical is definitely real. He can't see how it is His physical body.
Second, I think I said some things incorrect here. But it is on what the Eucharist actually does. I said that it is not a different sacrifice of Christ, but is in effect the SAME sacrifice or a re-representation of it, is this correct? Well, then he asks me why, if the Eucharistic sacrifice is the same as that of Christ's, does the Eucharist not absolve mortal sin. I couldn't answer yet. So, basically how can I explain Scripturally how the Eucharistic sacrifice corresponds to the Sacrifice on Calvary?
Third, he brought up this thing called the "bread of the affliction". He says this was referred to during passover. He said that it was meant figuratively and the bread Christ referred to corresponds to the "bread of the affliction" and therefore was only figurative. What's up?