An Old School Catholic Message Board

Staying Safe From A Serial Killer

tinytherese

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1814372' date='Mar 22 2009, 09:06 PM']Unless you're Liam Neeson in Taken.[/quote]
Awesome movie! I wanted to do a, "He told you so!" dance around the mother. Is that wrong?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1814390' date='Mar 23 2009, 12:18 AM']See, I never think I'm in any danger. I'm a very large woman, with a very big crutch. I've got 100lbs. on even the biggest of the prostitutes. The Northern Alberta Brain Injury Society reviewed my book for their next magazine, and the editor described me as a risk-taker. That's pretty descriptive. I'm a windmill tilter, but I'm grounded until spring. The Johns can't run me off, but the ice has. That and the primate I live with who would like me to go about wrapped in bubble wrap.[/quote]
Rotfl. I have the same problem, I hear trouble and I instinctively run [i]toward[/i] it, not away.
The males in my life have threatened bubble wrap, or if that doesn't work a GPS tracker with an alarm system. I am very small - think of an apple on stilts and I'm thinking St Bernards would work. I took one for a "walk" tonight and very few people stayed on the same side as the street. Trouble is, now I can't walk and probably won't move by morning.

do you have a cell phone with camera?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1814426' date='Mar 22 2009, 10:45 PM']do you have a cell phone with camera?[/quote]

Yep. I got one for Christmas. I don't even use the regular phone, so it was a surprise. He decided I needed one in case I fell in a snow bank or got abducted by aliens. Making a schizophrenic paranoid isn't exactly hard.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1814445' date='Mar 23 2009, 12:57 AM']Yep. I got one for Christmas. I don't even use the regular phone, so it was a surprise. He decided I needed one in case I fell in a snow bank or got abducted by aliens. Making a schizophrenic paranoid isn't exactly hard.[/quote]

Sensible man - I'm liking your husband more and more.
Dearie! just because your paranoid doesn't mean that they are not out to get ya. I live surrounded by the bad guys as well, so I pay lots of attention, and take lots of pics of plates.
Drives my males up a wall, but I want the morons to know someone is paying attention.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1814449' date='Mar 23 2009, 12:59 AM']You two ought to have a talk show on EWTN.
It would be a crackup.[/quote]
Nah - I think we two are normal [relatively speaking] its the rest of the world gone nuts.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1814459' date='Mar 22 2009, 11:07 PM']Nah - I think we two are normal [relatively speaking] its the rest of the world gone nuts.[/quote]
Quite likely.

It would still be hilarious! :topsy:

Nihil Obstat

I would literally get a subscription to EWTN the very same second you announced your show.

No matter what it took.

I think it's channel 130 for me. I'd have to buy a bunch of other channels with it in some kind of package.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1814317' date='Mar 22 2009, 10:29 PM']Who buys a coke at 5:15 in the morning? Wouldn't a coffee or orange juice be more appropriate?[/quote]
I would. :unsure: I might not drink it right away, but I would at least not hesitate to buy one.

I read this on snopes just yesterday. In fact, I knew what this thread would say before I opened it.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1814719' date='Mar 23 2009, 08:34 AM']Oldie but goodie, since the info is really sensible advice.[/quote]
Usually the defining characteristic of a good urban legend. :)