benedict_x Posted March 24, 2004 Posted March 24, 2004 I honestly think the "Energon" toy line smells of elderberries..... I dont know what they're trying to pull with repaints of the TF which came out like one toyline ago. I still liked TF:RID cause the anime (It was made in Japan) was cool when they transformed.
yesygerm Posted March 24, 2004 Posted March 24, 2004 I remember when they first came out. I always wanted one but my parents could never afford one but oh well. Enjoy the Optimus Prime!
marielapin Posted March 24, 2004 Posted March 24, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Mar 23 2004, 04:33 PM'] Most of the Armada toys were "ok". Many of them were rather boxy, and with little flexibility. The new Energon figures look better, the show is better than Armada. Armada was an extremely corny and horrible show that many of us TF die-hard fans frown upon. Luckily, the [b]Generation 1[/b] image is still used the most amongst the TF community than the newer shows. [/quote] They came out with two lines of Armada toys. The first line that came out was quite nice, and not boxy at all. Those are the ones we have - we bought them in 2002/early 03. Recently when we have been in the toy isle we have noticed that they have redesigned these toys and they look boxy and just downright awful. I don't know what they are smoking. The Armada show I didn't think was too bad- at least the robots are okay. The kids are awful and annoying. That is why we stopped watching it - the silly kids were driving us nuts!
Paladin D Posted March 24, 2004 Author Posted March 24, 2004 [quote name='benedict_x' date='Mar 24 2004, 12:23 PM'] I honestly think the "Energon" toy line smells of elderberries..... I dont know what they're trying to pull with repaints of the TF which came out like one toyline ago. I still liked TF:RID cause the anime (It was made in Japan) was cool when they transformed. [/quote] The RiD toyline was superior than the Energon toyline, but Energon has a better cartoon story than RiD. But let's not forget, most of the G1 toys were boxy, but at least they were die-cast metal and the show was awesome. It is very common in the TF line of toys for there to be repaints. They have a seperate line of toys (that are not part of the show, nor have a show) called "Alternators". These are repaints of previous figures from Armada, RiD, Beast Machines, and Beast Wars (even G1 I believe too). I would love to get my hands on the Armada Unicron figure... he's absolutely huge!!! The Energon repaint one looks pretty cool, but black just doesn't do it for me. He looks like a mini-sized demon.
Paladin D Posted March 24, 2004 Author Posted March 24, 2004 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 23 2004, 08:19 PM'] haha and then there were the die hard TF fanatics who loved Armada purely because it was TF. I know a guy like that.... scary.... [/quote] Yeah, scary. Next time you meet him, ask him if he posts (or visits) on any Transformers fansites.
benedict_x Posted March 24, 2004 Posted March 24, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Paladin D' date='Mar 24 2004, 01:16 PM'] I would love to get my hands on the Armada Unicron figure... he's absolutely huge!!! The Energon repaint one looks pretty cool, but black just doesn't do it for me. He looks like a mini-sized demon. [/quote] I wouldnt mind both versions actually.... Then I can "park" all my minicons around the globe. Edited March 24, 2004 by benedict_x
Paladin D Posted March 24, 2004 Author Posted March 24, 2004 [quote name='benedict_x' date='Mar 24 2004, 02:31 PM'] I wouldnt mind both versions actually.... Then I can "park" all my minicons around the globe. [/quote] And crush Cybertron!!!
benedict_x Posted March 24, 2004 Posted March 24, 2004 Yeah! Totally! BTW I think the minicons are cool cause they're so tiny and cute and yet they could destroy you if they wanted to...
Paladin D Posted March 24, 2004 Author Posted March 24, 2004 [quote name='BLAZEr' date='Mar 24 2004, 04:02 PM'] Oh sure but do you remember the Go-bots? [/quote] Go-bots are enemies of Transformers.
Paladin D Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 Oh, Transformers: Universe are the repaints of the BW/BM/RiD figures, while Transformers: Alternators I believe are based off of some G1 models.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now