Moosey Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 [url="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94142"]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=...mp;pageId=94142[/url] White House confirms it got 2 million red envelopes President's mail worker claims letter campaign 1 of largest in 35 years Posted: April 06, 2009 8:21 pm Eastern By Chelsea Schilling © 2009 WorldNetDaily The White House mail office has confirmed it received a "deluge" of as many as 2.25 million red envelopes symbolizing the empty promise of lives snuffed out in abortion in a massive campaign that was larger than most White House mailing movements in the last 35 years. White House mail worker "Steve" has handled letters for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for more than three decades. Every single package and letter destined for the White House goes through his office. Asked if he has seen a flood of red envelopes bound for the White House, Steve chuckled. "Uh, yes," he said emphatically. "Believe me, they made it here." Steve said while Obama has been occupied in Europe, his administration has noticed millions of red envelopes on behalf of aborted children. "Quite frankly, there was definitely a deluge of mail coming through," he laughed. "I had to handle them all." "I've been here 35 years, so I've seen presidents come and go," Steve told WND. "This campaign ranks up there with the big ones." The Red Envelope Project is an idea sparked in the mind and prayers of a Massachusetts man, Christ Otto, who envisioned in January thousands of red envelopes sent to the White House, a visual expression of moral outrage over the president's position on abortion. On the backs of the envelopes, senders wrote a message Otto composed: "This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world. Responsibility begins with conception." The original project began small, but when Otto sent out an email to friends asking them to join him in the envelope effort, the symbolic gesture spread through the Internet like wildfire – eventually resulting in delivery of as many as 2.25 million red envelopes. "Last Tuesday 2.25 million were sent all together," Otto told WND. "There were 1 million sent before that date. I keep getting e-mails, and I know that people are still sending them. This past weekend, there were at least 10,000 more sent just from churches announcing it on Sunday." The Catholic News Agency reports that a consortium of 11 different student groups at the University of Notre Dame, in protest of the university's invitation of Barack Obama to speak at graduation, plan to hand deliver a surge of the red envelopes to the pro-abortion president when he arrives to give the commencement address in May. Rest of article [url="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94142"]here...[/url] I was hoping for more to make it but of course, we don't know how many were ripped apart in post offices.
Paladin D Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 That's good news! [quote name='Moosey' post='1827613' date='Apr 7 2009, 01:16 PM']I was hoping for more to make it but of course, we don't know how many were ripped apart in post offices.[/quote] I highly doubt they would go that far, it would be a federal offense (unless they were that confident they weren't gonna get caught).
Moosey Posted April 7, 2009 Author Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='Paladin D' post='1827622' date='Apr 7 2009, 01:27 PM']That's good news! I highly doubt they would go that far, it would be a federal offense (unless they were that confident they weren't gonna get caught).[/quote] Whose going to report them? It's an empty envelope so they could use that against us. If they got in caught.
Moosey Posted April 7, 2009 Author Posted April 7, 2009 I don't believe it's [i]illegal[/i]. But I bet they could just say that the fact it was empty makes it not such a big deal for them to destroy them.
missionseeker Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 I don't understand why they were sent while Obama is not in the country?
Luthien Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1827650' date='Apr 7 2009, 02:54 PM']I don't understand why they were sent while Obama is not in the country?[/quote] Im assuming this thing was organized before they knew what Obama's schedule was as far as traveling.
elizabeth09 Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 How we know if Obama is going to be traveling at this time? I meant we do not know his schedule.
T-Bone _ Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1827648' date='Apr 7 2009, 10:51 AM']I don't believe it's [i]illegal[/i]. But I bet they could just say that the fact it was empty makes it not such a big deal for them to destroy them.[/quote] Still a federal offense. That would equal termination and jail time.
StColette Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1827627' date='Apr 7 2009, 12:34 PM']Whose going to report them? It's an empty envelope so they could use that against us. If they got in caught.[/quote] How would they know for sure if it were empty unless they opened it?
Luthien Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='StColette' post='1827738' date='Apr 7 2009, 04:52 PM']How would they know for sure if it were empty unless they opened it?[/quote] X Ray vision.
StColette Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1827794' date='Apr 7 2009, 03:50 PM']It states that it's empty on the back.[/quote] How do they know that's not a lie though.
Moosey Posted April 7, 2009 Author Posted April 7, 2009 [quote name='StColette' post='1827799' date='Apr 7 2009, 04:52 PM']How do they know that's not a lie though.[/quote] *shrugs* I don't know if the mainstream media is covering this at all. I doubt they are.
princessgianna Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 Well we do what we can do! It's up to God! So i think it's freak in amazing that 2 million of those things got there!
princessgianna Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 Well we do what we can do! then it's up to God! So i think it's freak in amazing that 2 million of those things got there!
elizabeth09 Posted April 7, 2009 Posted April 7, 2009 (edited) Somewhere I Belong By Linkin Park [url="http://www.lyrics007.com/Linkin%20Park%20Lyrics/Somewhere%20I%20Belong%20Lyrics.html"]http://www.lyrics007.com/Linkin%20Park%20L...g%20Lyrics.html[/url] Just the youtube of the song. Pretty Cool song, I`ll say. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPhLhP6BWsg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPhLhP6BWsg[/url] Does everyone get a change to live? But still over 2 million made it. I guess that more did it to stand up for what they believe in. Edited April 7, 2009 by elizabeth09
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now