Tony Posted June 16, 2009 Author Posted June 16, 2009 [quote name='Brother Vinny' post='1879172' date='May 31 2009, 10:30 AM']I had a 2600, and the following: Combat (duh!), Yar's Revenge, Warlords, Pac-Man, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T. (ugh!), Pitfall!, Pitfall II, Decathalon, Oink!, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Adventure, Haunted House, Vanguard, Human Cannonball, Centipede, Defender. This is by no means a complete list, but these are some of the most memorable titles. I had an M Network Baseball game that I liked, as well.[/quote] heh, I didn't think E.T. was as bad as people make it out to be, just a different type of game that had a learning curve. the worst 2600 game IMO was pac-man. this isn't a knock on pac-man as a whole, but the 2600 version of it was awful.
Brother Vinny Posted June 17, 2009 Posted June 17, 2009 [quote name='Tony' post='1892512' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:37 AM']heh, I didn't think E.T. was as bad as people make it out to be, just a different type of game that had a learning curve.[/quote] No, there were indeed worse. [i]Superman[/i] for the 2600 comes to mind (and I'm a Superman fan). [quote]the worst 2600 game IMO was pac-man. this isn't a knock on pac-man as a whole, but the 2600 version of it was awful.[/quote] Indeed it was. Still, I seem to remember more loathsome experiences on the 2600. [i]Human Cannonball[/i] was pretty weak. It feels like there might have been worse, but my mind is thankfully blocking them out.
Gregoriana of Nyssa Posted June 18, 2009 Posted June 18, 2009 My brother had one, so I played with that. When he moved out, it had long since become "old," so I got it. I spent many hours playing "Demon Attack." [quote name='Tony' post='1835042' date='Apr 14 2009, 03:48 AM']so I was visiting my dad last week, and he tells me that he still has my Atari 2600 in a box, and asked me if I wanted to take it home. Not knowing if it still even worked, I said sure. I take it home.. and presto! It still works!. Now I am addicted to on asteroids (and flipping the scoreboard over and over!) , yar's revenge and activision ice hockey too.. I hadn't seen the machine in say.. 15 years, I was so stoked to find out it still worked. Anyone here ever own an Atari, or still own one?[/quote]
Azriel Posted June 19, 2009 Posted June 19, 2009 Atari 2600 was THE must have. Even though pac man was the worst game, I played it till I had a migraine - something like 8 hours straight. Pitfall, River Raid, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Those are the ones I remember the most. I spent way too much of my formative years on that darn thing. But I do have excellent hand eye coordination.
kamiller42 Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 Atari 2600, 5200, 400, 800, 130XE, 520ST, 1040STE, Mega STE, and Lynx. Yea, I had a few Ataris. :-) In my 2600 days, I remember looking forward to Activision releases because it was more than likely to be a hit. Imagic was a game publisher putting out some creative works.
scardella Posted June 29, 2009 Posted June 29, 2009 I didn't get on board with video games until the NES... It ruled all.
abercius24 Posted June 30, 2009 Posted June 30, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Brother Vinny' post='1879172' date='May 31 2009, 09:30 AM']I had a 2600, and the following: Combat (duh!), Yar's Revenge, Warlords, Pac-Man, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T. (ugh!), Pitfall!, Pitfall II, Decathalon, Oink!, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Adventure, Haunted House, Vanguard, Human Cannonball, Centipede, Defender. This is by no means a complete list, but these are some of the most memorable titles. I had an M Network Baseball game that I liked, as well.[/quote] Combat! Right! The game with the boxie looking tanks and airplanes! Ah man, I forgot all about that! Edited June 30, 2009 by abercius24
heavenseeker Posted July 2, 2009 Posted July 2, 2009 i have never owned one but i have always wanted to. seriously how cool would that be to own an atari? one of my friends has two or at least he did, no clue if he still does. only one of them worked though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now