dUSt Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 Attention photographers... We are in the beginning stages of production for an upcoming rosary prayer CD. I love praying the rosary along with a CD/MP3 player while driving to and from work, but so far have been disappointed with the quality/mood of all of the rosary prayer CDs currently out there. So... I decided to make one of our own!!! The twist with the phatmass version is that each decade will be "introduced" with a verse from one of the phatmass emcees. If you've listened to Point 5 Covenant's "Sorrowful" you'll get the idea. Now, with that said, please don't think this is going to make the prayer parts of the rosary "hip-hoppy". As the decades begin, the music will be toned down to some very atmospheric elements and barely audible--almost meditative. The prayers will be in dialogue format, with very tasteful, pleasant, and most importantly, non-distracting vocals. Basically, it's a rosary prayer CD that is going to make [b]ME[/b] want to pray the rosary every day... and hopefully you too! The contest: [b]Take a high resolution photo of a rosary that will become the album cover.[/b] Keep in mind that a CD cover is square, so if you submit a photo that is not a square, it will be cropped. [b]My vision[/b] (thanks Kiddkapps!): A photo taken from a drivers perspective of a rosary hanging from a rear view mirror--preferably in like an old school car (wood dash, 8-track player, etc?). The scene visible through the windshield would be obscure, or maybe an urban scene, an old street corner, whatever. Think vintage 70's style photo. If someone can pull off my vision in a really dope way, you'll probably win. If you want to try something else, go ahead--ya never know, it might be even better than my idea! [b]The PRIZES:[/b] 1st place - Your photo makes the album cover, and you get a 2009 phatmass hoodie and 10 free CDs to give to whoever you want! 2nd place - Possibility of your photo being on the back or inside cover of CD jacket, phatmass t-shirt, and 5 free CDs 3rd place - Possibility of your photo being on the back or inside cover of CD jacket, phatmass t-shirt, and a free CD. Honorable mention - If we end up using your photo in any way, you get a free CD! Also, all art will be credited and any website or contact info desired will be included in the cover credits. Go take some pics!!! Upload your photos here. [b]Include your name in the file name[/b] of the photo(s). [url="http://drop.io"]drop.io[/url]: simple private sharing OR, send your photo to this email: phatmass_rosary@drop.io You may view all the uploads here: [url="http://drop.io/phatmass_rosary"]http://drop.io/phatmass_rosary[/url]
eagle_eye222001 Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 How long do we have? ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matt+maher/track/your+grace+is+enough"]Matt Maher - Your Grace Is Enough[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
dUSt Posted April 15, 2009 Author Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1836271' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:17 PM']How long do we have? [/quote] Well, as long as it takes for me to be happy with the album cover. haha if you submit the winning photo today it'll save me from having to give away 2nd and 3rd place prizes.
Dust's Sister Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 (edited) Hmmmmmm, I might try this. How big do you prefer the photo? Edited April 15, 2009 by Dust's Sister
Nihil Obstat Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 What do you mean by high resolution? My camera is 8.1 Mp.
dauntingknight Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 (edited) Where are the rules and what does the fine print say? And I think this would not work right. [img]http://www.trustmymechanic.com/auto-repair/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/catholic-driving-too-fast.jpg[/img] 'Cause I just copied and pasted that one. Edited April 15, 2009 by dauntingknight
dUSt Posted April 15, 2009 Author Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1836290' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:29 PM']Hmmmmmm, I might try this. How big do you prefer the photo?[/quote] Big as possible.
dUSt Posted April 15, 2009 Author Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='dauntingknight' post='1836311' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:43 PM']Where are the rules and what does the fine print say? And I think this would not work right. [img]http://www.trustmymechanic.com/auto-repair/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/catholic-driving-too-fast.jpg[/img] 'Cause I just copied and pasted that one.[/quote] LOL.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1836296' date='Apr 15 2009, 02:32 PM']What do you mean by high resolution? My camera is 8.1 Mp.[/quote]
dauntingknight Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1836340' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:00 PM']LOL.[/quote] My thought exactly.
dUSt Posted April 15, 2009 Author Posted April 15, 2009 Here's some pics I found on the internet that I kinda like, but none of them are high res enough for me to use on the the album cover, and there's just a little something I don't like in each of them... but just to give y'all some ideas and or inspiration.
dUSt Posted April 15, 2009 Author Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1836372' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:43 PM']Can I photoshop the background? [/quote] If it doesn't look Photoshopped.
Christie_M Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 sweet I'll have a pic in by the end of the day
Dust's Sister Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1836378' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:45 PM']If it doesn't look Photoshopped.[/quote] Darn!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 I think my camera is only 7 megapixels... but I think I'll submit one anyway, can't hurt right?
Crazy_4_Christ Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 May I try things other than that which you describe, i.e. a rosary in the hands of a young child? I had a very specific shot in mind...until I got to the part about your specific vision.
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1836307' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:42 PM']+J.M.J.+ i wanna see what iceyp comes up with[/quote] I have a couple ideas, I'll have to see what I can dish out tomorrow.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now