Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 [color=red]What is the Jesuit deifinition of Liturgy?[/color] [color=red] When nobody gets hurt.[/color]
immaculata Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I don't get it.......................... *runs and hides while SA throws rotten tomatoes at her*
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Mar 24 2004, 10:11 PM'] I don't get it.......................... *runs and hides while SA throws rotten tomatoes at her* [/quote] I dont use tomatoes. I use fire.
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 Too bad I could not post my pic of a clown Mass.
Aloysius Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 haha, it's funny, but sad because it's kinda true
Kaeldra Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I dont really get it either....unless...well maybe I do...hrm
Aloysius Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 i think it's a lament over the liberal liturgical tendencies that seem to be abundant among the Jesuits. :ph34r:
luciana Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I still don't get it , though I figure it's a comment on irreverent lmasses or liturgical abuses. But the punch line "where noone gets hurt " I figure is about how in some places the Mass is not treated like the Holy Sacrifice that it is, but just as a "celebration" or "meal"-- Am I thinking too much into it?
Wynd Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='Spiritual_Arsonist' date='Mar 24 2004, 09:30 PM'] Too bad I could not post my pic of a clown Mass. [/quote] Is [url="http://www.tradcath.com/www/images/clown.jpg"]this[/url] what you mean? I typed in "clown mass" in Google and that's what came up.
Lil Red Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='Wynd' date='Mar 24 2004, 11:26 PM'] Is [url="http://www.tradcath.com/www/images/clown.jpg"]this[/url] what you mean? I typed in "clown mass" in Google and that's what came up. [/quote] ewwww....that's just wrong.
Wynd Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Yeah...the guy to the left of the priest made me laugh when i saw it though.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Hehe... I got it. And the clown mass is just wrong. I can't stand to be around clowns. The one to the right of the priest looks like he should be in the Village People or an "alternative lifestyle" pride parade.
benedict_x Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 25 2004, 01:29 AM'] Hehe... I got it. And the clown mass is just wrong. I can't stand to be around clowns. The one to the right of the priest looks like he should be in the Village People or an "alternative lifestyle" pride parade. [/quote] I totally agree. Also, I dont get the joke either
peach_cube Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Clowns scare me.... :hide: Even more so now....
ilovechrist Posted March 26, 2004 Posted March 26, 2004 clowns are scary.. REALLY scary at the circus.. now i'm scared!!!
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 26, 2004 Author Posted March 26, 2004 [quote name='Wynd' date='Mar 25 2004, 01:26 AM'] Is [url="http://www.tradcath.com/www/images/clown.jpg"]this[/url] what you mean? I typed in "clown mass" in Google and that's what came up. [/quote] Yes, that is the exact pic. Sad. Sad, sad, sad.
FaustinaVianney Posted March 26, 2004 Posted March 26, 2004 that's is funny, but kinda true... Jesuits tend to have a Mass that does not offend the Protestants...they want everyone to 'feel' loved...that is why they do not have crucifixes any longer (not even in/near the sanctuary). they say that it offends people that are not Catholic. They call the parish on campus 'nondenominational' because Catholics are not the only ones that come here and they want everyone to feel the warm fuzzies. (No crucifixes, Jesus (the tabernacle) is in another room and not the sanctuary, et al)The problem is that they are taken away the very things that make them Catholic because they do not want to 'step on any toes.' For some reason they think that to proclaim the truth is offensive or 'unloving'...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 26, 2004 Posted March 26, 2004 [quote] Is this what you mean? I typed in "clown mass" in Google and that's what came up.[/quote] That's awful...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now