princessgianna Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1843917' date='Apr 22 2009, 07:58 PM']We decided to walk next door to Safeway to get something different for dinner. The house with all the police is across from our patio across the alley, so we went out the front. There is a small house and a small UCC church between our condo building and the corner. We passed three policemen. I really was beginning to think they were following us, but when we got to the corner we saw there had been a wreck. I feel guilty for being grateful to see a fender bender. Not enough to even deploy airbags. One of the cars was a PT cruiser owned by Driving Miss Daisy. That's a taxi service for the elderly to take them to the doctor. Thank God there wasn't a client on board when the wreck happened. I ready to put on a movie, and have some chocolate. If there was any liquor in the house, I'd already be into it.[/quote] good Chocolate is the best medicine! --
rizz_loves_jesus Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 Wow... that smells of elderberries. Prayers
farglefeezlebut Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1843668' date='Apr 22 2009, 11:29 PM']When the policemen were here questioning us, Austin was asked what his medals were for. There's a picture on the wall of him receiving the Order of Canada from the Governor General, and he said the Jubilee medal was for is volunteer work with the Schizophrenia Society. The guy without the clipboard put his hand on his gun and kept it there for the rest of the interview.[/quote] Wow. That is awful. Prayers for you and the victim. And the perpetrator.
desertwoman Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 Don't worry, you will be find...including your husband. You have alibies and if you go into questioning, just say you would want your lawyer present. They can't hold you without proper evidence, and if they try to get something out of you to try and hold you, keep saying you would like your attorny present. Asking for your lawyer doesn't mean that you are guilty, it just means that you know the law and the cops will know that they are not dealing with a dummy by any means. Yes this will make them testy... but don't let their game trick you. They will try to be mean, and then act like they are doing this for your best intrest. Don't fall for it. But do those things if things go for the worse (but they wont for you). Stay encouraged and continue to pray and ask for justice for that woman.
dUSt Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 This is why it is important to post on phatmass at least once every five minutes, throughout the entire day. You always have a great alibi for murders. This should be a lesson to everybody.
Theoketos Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1844313' date='Apr 23 2009, 10:13 AM']That's why I have a jillion posts.[/quote] Now I know a jillion = 29,535. Also, if I would say call if they hassle you call a lawyer. May you find peace and may God deliver justice.
missionseeker Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1844308' date='Apr 23 2009, 09:05 AM']This is why it is important to post on phatmass at least once every five minutes, throughout the entire day. You always have a great alibi for murders. This should be a lesson to everybody.[/quote]
rkwright Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 (edited) hehe... some of these are funny considering Cath has a JD and once practiced law... Edited April 23, 2009 by rkwright
homeschoolmom Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 [quote name='rkwright' post='1844325' date='Apr 23 2009, 10:42 AM']hehe... some of these are funny considering Cath has a JD and once practiced law...[/quote] That's what I was thinking...
CatherineM Posted April 23, 2009 Author Posted April 23, 2009 Well, neither of us got taken in. The best I can figure from talking to people who aren't allowed to tell you anything, is that she died during the night, but one of the people living in the house didn't call until 6am. It looked like someone from that house had walked over by our patio, and the side walk of the condo, so they were trying to eliminate our footprints, and I suspect were looking for a potential murder weapon. The ground here had been dry, but we had just gotten some rain, so perfect soil conditions for leaving footprints. As one of the CSI guys was taking a cast outside our bedroom window, I watched from the patio, and mentioned that in the States we use a sealant in the shoe print first to keep the plaster from soaking into loose/porous soil, and that some are going to 3D mapping so that the print isn't damaged by the casting process. That made me one of the gang in his mind, and he told me pretty much anything I asked. All things being equal, I much prefer being the interrogator rather than the interrogated.
rkwright Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1844335' date='Apr 23 2009, 09:59 AM']Well, neither of us got taken in. The best I can figure from talking to people who aren't allowed to tell you anything, is that she died during the night, but one of the people living in the house didn't call until 6am. It looked like someone from that house had walked over by our patio, and the side walk of the condo, so they were trying to eliminate our footprints, and I suspect were looking for a potential murder weapon. The ground here had been dry, but we had just gotten some rain, so perfect soil conditions for leaving footprints. As one of the CSI guys was taking a cast outside our bedroom window, I watched from the patio, and mentioned that in the States we use a sealant in the shoe print first to keep the plaster from soaking into loose/porous soil, and that some are going to 3D mapping so that the print isn't damaged by the casting process. That made me one of the gang in his mind, and he told me pretty much anything I asked. All things being equal, I much prefer being the interrogator rather than the interrogated.[/quote] ooo you are crafty
Winchester Posted April 23, 2009 Posted April 23, 2009 If you get to pick your interrogation technique, choose waterboarding. But only if they give you a wet suit--the water's cold in Canada.
dauntingknight Posted April 24, 2009 Posted April 24, 2009 (edited) [quote name='dUSt' post='1843679' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:39 PM'][/quote] Your mean [quote name='pat22' post='1844533' date='Apr 23 2009, 03:13 PM']you'll live(unfortunately)[/quote] Awful thing to say! I know I'm posting late but how are things now. Edited April 24, 2009 by dauntingknight
Luthien Posted April 24, 2009 Posted April 24, 2009 [quote name='pat22' post='1844533' date='Apr 23 2009, 05:13 PM']you'll live(unfortunately)[/quote] Troll alert.
homeschoolmom Posted April 24, 2009 Posted April 24, 2009 [quote name='pat22' post='1844533' date='Apr 23 2009, 03:13 PM']you'll live(unfortunately)[/quote] What is wrong with you?
Sojourner Posted April 24, 2009 Posted April 24, 2009 [quote name='Luthien' post='1845200' date='Apr 23 2009, 07:28 PM']Troll alert.[/quote] [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1845342' date='Apr 23 2009, 08:55 PM']What is wrong with you?[/quote] Agreed. That comment was TOTALLY uncalled for.
rizz_loves_jesus Posted April 24, 2009 Posted April 24, 2009 [quote name='pat22' post='1844533' date='Apr 23 2009, 03:13 PM']you'll live(unfortunately)[/quote] ... Lame.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now