pat22 Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 (edited) shall we take this to the debate board? Edited April 25, 2009 by pat22
rkwright Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 [quote name='AdAltareDei' post='1846674' date='Apr 24 2009, 11:32 PM']The fact that all do is quote councils, canon law and the catechism kind of proves your legalism. It must be so good having someone else do your thinking for you.[/quote] hey now... nothing wrong with the councils, canon law, and CCC. Its refreshing to see such a young Catholic who actually knows what the Church teaches on the matter.
Kurall_Creator Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1846678' date='Apr 24 2009, 11:33 PM']St. Dominic founded the Dominican order to debate with the Albigensians that they might convert from their heresies.[/quote] Good for him.
Resurrexi Posted April 25, 2009 Author Posted April 25, 2009 Yes, it is good for him, because he's in heaven now
pat22 Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 (edited) shall we take this to the debate board? Edited April 25, 2009 by pat22
AdAltareDei Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 [quote name='Kurall_Creator' post='1846704' date='Apr 24 2009, 11:41 PM']Good for him.[/quote] Debate? It kind of turned into slaughtering them. But whatever.
Kurall_Creator Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 [quote name='AdAltareDei' post='1846712' date='Apr 24 2009, 11:43 PM']Debate? It kind of turned into slaughtering them. But whatever.[/quote] Well, I didn't know that, but the Apostles counted it joy to be counted to suffer as Christ suffered. I take the same attitude. On more Atheistic controlled message boards, I get called all manner of evil things, from being stupid to a whole bunch of other things, because I say I believe God did create everything, and the only thing that can create life is life itself. They say I am twisting science to fit what I believe, and that I am foolish and stupid, but it's water off the ducks back. If God required me to live and die as a testimonial for him, I would gladly do it, because it gets me home sooner, rather than later. It's all about living life as a sacrifice, to be the foolish one amongst the 'wise' ones, and be willing to die for them, as Jesus died for us. Focus on what Jesus did, and nothing else matters, no other opinion matters, no amount of pain and torture matters, no amount of mocking matters, if you are doing it in his name for God's cause!
pat22 Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 I'm hoping this debate is over. thought I must admit it was most interesting
Vincent Vega Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1847058' date='Apr 25 2009, 07:05 AM']smores, have you ever been called anything else?[/quote] Hahahaha, I forgot about smores!
IcePrincessKRS Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1847058' date='Apr 25 2009, 08:05 AM']smores, have you ever been called anything else?[/quote]
MIKolbe Posted April 26, 2009 Posted April 26, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1847058' date='Apr 25 2009, 05:05 AM']smores, have you ever been called anything else?[/quote] get your hand outta my pocket.
Resurrexi Posted April 26, 2009 Author Posted April 26, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1847058' date='Apr 25 2009, 07:05 AM']smores, have you ever been called anything else?[/quote]
rachael Posted April 26, 2009 Posted April 26, 2009 (edited) [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1849172' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:05 PM']get your hand outta my pocket.[/quote] sry. [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1849198' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:39 PM'][/quote] Edited April 26, 2009 by rachael
Slappo Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Legalistick... isn't that a new brand by Chapstick? Lipstick for lawyers? Maybe Ressurexi is the walking advertisement...
Nihil Obstat Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 How come every thread turns into a lame debate these days? Even the Throne Room was invaded earlier.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now