Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Many Names Does Mary Have?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Queen of heaven and earth

Theotokos

Posted

the obvious: Blessed Mother

Posted

ooo. Most Gracious Advocate.... I thought Jesus was Morning Star :unsure:

Jake Huether
Posted

[quote name='M.SIGGA' date='Mar 25 2004, 12:55 PM'] ooo. Most Gracious Advocate.... I thought Jesus was Morning Star :unsure: [/quote]
He is too.

Lucifer, I believe also is the morning star.

I believe the term has been applied to all three.

Mary most certainly is a Morning Star though, radiating light from her Son.

Posted

lucifer is bearer of light, so i guess that could be morning star

WCC_Catholic
Posted

Our Lady

Mary is the dawn
Christ the prefect day

Sarah Marie :shield: :banana:

WCC_Catholic
Posted

Gate of Heave and Queen of the Universe

Posted

Protectress of the Order of Preachers!!!!!! :)

Posted

Mother of Perpetual Help

Posted

honest question, not trying to hate on anybody here....



are these names 'official?'


can i make up a sweet-sounding name and apply it to Mary?

cmotherofpirl
Posted

A lot of these come from prayers, but if you can come up with another appropiate name, I think that would be great.

Seatbelt Blue
Posted

[quote name='Jake Huether' date='Mar 25 2004, 11:50 AM'] Yup.

And isn't it interesting that Maia Morgenstern played the part for Mary in the Passion of the Christ? Morgenstern means Morning Star!

Another name:

Mother! [/quote]
Hence my shock. I made the connection between the two, and was very surprised.

Posted

In Mexico, Our Lady of Guadalupe is aslo called "La Guadalupana".

Posted

Queen of martyrs


(including one of my favorite saints....St. Maria Goretti!!! :) )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...