Slappo Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Please share the most romantic/well done proposals you have ever been in or heard of!
Vincent Vega Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Sos I gives her da ring and I tells her: You'll say yes if you knows what's good for yas.
Christie_M Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 There was this couple who loved to have adventures together, especially the woman. So the guy set up this obstical course that she had to complete in order to get a key at the end, to open a treasure chest. And in the chest, burried under baloons, was the ring. One of the best I've ever seen
Slappo Posted April 27, 2009 Author Posted April 27, 2009 (edited) [quote name='missionseeker' post='1849299' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:06 PM']ooooh, is there a reason. [/quote] I don't know what you're insinuating In other words: yes Edited April 27, 2009 by Slappo
Resurrexi Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 This guy was really good friends with this girl and was in love with her but she didn't know it. The two went on a vacation to Rome together and he bought her a Rosary. The Rosary's crucifix could be opened and had a small place where one could put something. The guy got a small piece of paper and wrote "Will you marry me" on it. A few years later, the two were dating and the girl still had her rosary. One day in adoration, the guy told her to open her rosary. She took out the piece of paper and he asked her if she would marry him.
Resurrexi Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 There's also the guy who proposed in St. Peter's Basilica.
HisChildForever Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 I think a proposal should be more sweet and elegant rather than creative. While the examples listed were cute, they sort of put the focus more on the task than on the purpose (at least the balloon one).
Slappo Posted April 27, 2009 Author Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='HisChildForever' post='1849360' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:42 PM']I think a proposal should be more sweet and elegant rather than creative. While the examples listed were cute, they sort of put the focus more on the task than on the purpose (at least the balloon one).[/quote] I'm already 99% sure on how I want to propose and it isn't super creative, but it is special. I want to use my grandparents wedding rings (RIP 53 year marriage) and propose at the columbarium where they are buried during a sunset. The columbarium is located at a shrine dedicated to St. Therese in Alaska and overlooks a mountain range that the sun sets behind.
mmc4 Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Now that would be nice. It's personal too. That's really sweet, Slappo, stick to your guns and do it!
mmc4 Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1849298' date='Apr 26 2009, 08:06 PM']Sos I gives her da ring and I tells her: You'll say yes if you knows what's good for yas.[/quote] You are suuuuuch a gooof.
Slappo Posted April 27, 2009 Author Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='mmc4' post='1849371' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:51 PM']You are suuuuuch a gooof. [/quote] Not as bad as one I heard... Location: Chucky coagulated milk Proposal: Takes ring out of pocket, slides across table and says, "Do you want it?"
mmc4 Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Oooouuuch. That should tell the girl something. Hahaha.
Resurrexi Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Is a cemetery really the most appropriate place for a proposal?
The Bus Station Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1849390' date='Apr 26 2009, 10:08 PM']Is a cemetery really the most appropriate place for a proposal?[/quote] 'til death do them part I dunno, I think it sounds like a really nice idea Slappo.
Nihil Obstat Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1849390' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:08 PM']Is a cemetery really the most appropriate place for a proposal?[/quote] Way to rain on the parade.
Sojourner Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 I have heard some really creative proposals over the years. I think the best proposals reflect the personalities of the couple involved. Cutesy, elegant, cheesy, whatever. What is special for one person will not be for another, so really you just have to know your woman and what she will treasure. We had started planning our wedding months before we got engaged. My husband had wanted to do something really special but last fall a bunch of stuff happened with his business and other things that prevented us being able to take a weekend off. My husband ended up proposing to me in a grotto behind a chapel near where I was living at the time. He started out by quoting Sam from the TV series Cheers: "Abby, you're neat." We both laughed and he went on to ask me to marry him, and of course I said yes. It was really late at night so we had the place to ourselves. It was very sweet, and holy, all at once.
Slappo Posted April 27, 2009 Author Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1849390' date='Apr 26 2009, 06:08 PM']Is a cemetery really the most appropriate place for a proposal?[/quote] As nihil obstat said, until death do us part. It is also a reminder that while marriage is a sacrament, we still must remember we are dust. It also isn't a traditional cemetary and doesn't have the eeriness of one. It is a columbarium. There are no graves or gravestones per se rather large marble walls that the ashes of a cremated person can be buried (none of them are for bodies, only ashes). It is often that a proper Christian burial can not be given for a body in a casket in Alaska since the ground is frozen for a good portion of the time. It may be that I walk her over to the columbarium and then walk out to the chapel and propose behind the chapel looking across the channel at the mountain range. For pictures of what the place looks like just google "Shrine of St. Therese Juneau, Alaska" and they should have a website. I have my search engines filtered and can't pull up the site to post them for you.
Resurrexi Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Slappo' post='1849423' date='Apr 26 2009, 10:37 PM']It may be that I walk her over to the columbarium and then walk out to the chapel and propose behind the chapel looking across the channel at the mountain range.[/quote] I'd recommend doing that
Nihil Obstat Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Slappo' post='1849423' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:37 PM'][b]As nihil obstat said[/b], until death do us part. It is also a reminder that while marriage is a sacrament, we still must remember we are dust.[/quote] That wasn't me. I'm the boring one.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now