SaintOlaf Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Kurall_Creator' post='1849497' date='Apr 27 2009, 12:06 AM']Yup. I'm so happy that the Atheistic, Humanistic ideals have fully twisted our minds too. After all, Taylor Swift is only a piece of meat, just like us. . . I'm free! [/quote] If you really want to see what the Atheist Humanist ideals have done to society, you should read Henri de Lubac's book "The Drama of Atheist Humanism". its epic. that is all
SaintOlaf Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1849502' date='Apr 27 2009, 12:07 AM']ikr I don't even know if I've heard her sing. In fact I didn't know what she looked like either.[/quote] We play one of her songs at work, it's not terrible, but I wouldn't listen to it if I wasn't forced. She's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar.
TotusTuusMaria Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Kurall_Creator' post='1849501' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:07 PM']I'll take your word for it. But, it's just my cynical POV about pop culture and our society that was coming through.[/quote] they are all pop. she is country. they all make use of provocative dancing and their body to sell their song. she doesn't. their songs are written for them. she writes all of her songs. ... she is boy crazy, but besides that she is really just a naive, average girl who has just happened to hit it big. shes cute to watch... she is so surprised by everything and ... just regular.
Resurrexi Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Kurall_Creator' post='1849497' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:06 PM']Yup. I'm so happy that the Atheistic, Humanistic ideals have fully twisted our minds too. After all, Taylor Swift is only a piece of meat, just like us. . . I'm free! [/quote] I don't think it's atheistic or humanistic to be in awe at the beauty of God's creation.
Moosey Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 I saw a very unfortunate looking girl singing her songs on youtube once....srsly.
TotusTuusMaria Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1849502' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:07 PM']ikr I don't even know if I've heard her sing. In fact I didn't know what she looked like either.[/quote] she isn't that fantastic of a singer... she is average... maybe a tiny bit below and she rarely performs well live, but I think her talent is in her song writing. And I respect her for the way she acts in the midst of her life. She acts as if she has values and respect for herself, which I believe she does.
Resurrexi Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1849520' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:13 PM']she isn't that fantastic of a singer... she is average... maybe a tiny bit below and she rarely performs well live, but I think her talent is in her song writing.[/quote] Very true. She's not that great live.
Kurall_Creator Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1849514' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:11 PM']they are all pop. she is country. they all make use of provocative dancing and their body to sell their song. she doesn't. their songs are written for them. she writes all of her songs. ... she is boy crazy, but besides that she is really just a naive, average girl who has just happened to hit it big. shes cute to watch... she is so surprised by everything and ... just regular.[/quote] If that is true, I hope this level of success doesn't ruin her. I am always talking about how you don't want young people to hit it big, because they don't usually have the emotional maturity to deal with lots of money and success. I don't know how many stories I hear about a young kid getting a professional hockey contract, plays for a year because he seriously injures himself because of DUI, and because he spent all the money right away, he has nothing to go back on. . . If you like her, pray that God gives her wisdom to deal with her new financial realities.
Kurall_Creator Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1849515' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:11 PM']I don't think it's atheistic or humanistic to be in awe at the beauty of God's creation.[/quote] She's cute, but standing in awe, well, not so much. My girl is just as beautiful as she is.
TotusTuusMaria Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Kurall_Creator' post='1849523' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:15 PM']If that is true, I hope this level of success doesn't ruin her. I am always talking about how you don't want young people to hit it big, because they don't usually have the emotional maturity to deal with lots of money and success. I don't know how many stories I hear about a young kid getting a professional hockey contract, plays for a year because he seriously injures himself because of DUI, and because he spent all the money right away, he has nothing to go back on. . . If you like her, pray that God gives her wisdom to deal with her new financial realities.[/quote] country stars usually don't freak out when they hit it big young. Look at Leanne Rhymes. I think it has a lot to do with your environment and friends & family. She is living in Nashville. Not Hollywood. She is very close with her family. Her mom is always with her. It can happen to anyone, but I think if she stays on the path she is on she won't end up in much trouble. But yeah... prayers for all young people put in such a situation. It must be hard...
Nihil Obstat Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1849505' date='Apr 26 2009, 10:09 PM']Definitely. And she sings country, not pop.[/quote] No. I refuse to call it country on moral grounds. Country is Johnny Cash and Earl Scruggs and their ilk. Like... music with high artistic quality. Taylor Swift and people like her... Corporate country. Not even country pop, because there's a very nice little niche for that too. Corporate country. The stuff that the mainstream tells people to like. The people that don't actually know music. Same with 99% of what I hear on the radio, country or not. People don't know music, so the mainstream music scene tells them what to like and what to hate. [/rant]
Kurall_Creator Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Hilde' post='1849607' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:58 PM']I've never even heard of this person.[/quote] You are fortunate then. The rest of us have to live in the reality where Taylor Swift actually exists, and subjected to fandom of young men who thinks she is cute, dreaming one day that they will meet her, sweep her off her feet, and live happily ever after! My girl is just as beautiful as Taylor, and all other girls on planet Earth, and I don't have to dream about happily ever after, I get to make that happen every single day while I encourage her to live out her dreams and find happiness!
Nihil Obstat Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 I do think she's kinda pretty, but that's neither here nor there. Certainly doesn't make me listen to her music.
Kurall_Creator Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 Cool. Everything in temperance is the key. I think she's cute too, but not more cute than my girl.
Hilde Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 I heard country and the name Taylor, and then I thought of that gray haired dude from American Idol. So she's a girl then.
Kurall_Creator Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Hilde' post='1849635' date='Apr 27 2009, 12:09 AM']I heard country and the name Taylor, and then I thought of that gray haired dude from American Idol. So she's a girl then.[/quote] [img]http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/taylor-swift.jpg[/img] I would say so, because if she wasn't, it would be one girley man!
TotusTuusMaria Posted April 27, 2009 Posted April 27, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1849618' date='Apr 27 2009, 12:03 AM']No. I refuse to call it country on moral grounds. Country is Johnny Cash and Earl Scruggs and their ilk. Like... music with high artistic quality. Taylor Swift and people like her... Corporate country. Not even country pop, because there's a very nice little niche for that too. Corporate country. The stuff that the mainstream tells people to like. The people that don't actually know music. Same with 99% of what I hear on the radio, country or not. People don't know music, so the mainstream music scene tells them what to like and what to hate. [/rant][/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now