Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Resurrexi Hows The New Screename Going For You ?


Recommended Posts

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866759' date='May 14 2009, 12:07 AM']I'm insulting him because he insults everyone else. Its not right but enough is enough.[/quote]

:lol_pound:

Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1866766' date='May 14 2009, 12:10 AM']Thank you :)

BTW, dUSt and the mods are aware, though if you all wish to re-notify them about this, you are completely free to do so. Maybe I'm an unworthy, uncharitable, hateful, evil rad-trad in your eyes, but they have decided to give me a second chance, for which I am thankful.[/quote]

Ok then chill with the comments bro.....There played out...Stop judging everyone....

Posted (edited)

I honestly think there are a lot of strange things in the charismatic movement, and if I feel like discussing them civilly in the debate board, then you should try to debate me rather than using ad hominem attacks.

Edited by Resurrexi
Posted

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866759' date='May 14 2009, 12:07 AM']I'm insulting him because he insults everyone else. Its not right but enough is enough.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Jesus was insulted by many people, but He didn't shoot any insults back at them. Returning an insult with an insult doesn't help anything.

I repeat, if you have a problem with it, take it up with him or report it to the mods. making a thread is not the right way to deal with it.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866767' date='May 13 2009, 11:10 PM']If DUST wants to give me a tag he will......All I'm saying is he says crazy things on his old account and now he's saying the same crazy disrespetfull things on this account..They offend people and enough is enough ![/quote]
Do you know why his old screen name has a "don't rep" tag? I don't. Prove that this new account deserves one. You can't.

Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1866776' date='May 13 2009, 11:14 PM']I honestly think there are a lot of strange things in the charismatic movement, and if I feel like discussing them civilly in the debate board, then you should try to debate me rather than using ad hominem attacks.[/quote]


You attacked first go read the thead again...

Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1866783' date='May 13 2009, 11:17 PM']Do you know why his old screen name has a "don't rep" tag? I don't. Prove that this new account deserves one. You can't.[/quote]

Mabey because he said martin luther king jr was in hell ?

Posted

I don't recall saying that. I probably did say that he certainly should not be venerated as Saint by Catholics since he was not Catholic and apparently had some associations with an the anti-Catholic group the Freemasons.

saintwannabe 777
Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1866776' date='May 14 2009, 12:14 AM']I honestly think there are a lot of strange things in the charismatic movement, and if I feel like discussing them civilly in the debate board, then you should try to debate me rather than using ad hominem attacks.[/quote]

Saying the Charismatic movement is packed with overemotional lunatics is not talking civilly. That's like me saying people who like the extroardinary form are closeminded dinosaurs. Totally not true.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866793' date='May 13 2009, 11:24 PM']Mabey because he said martin luther king jr was in hell ?[/quote]
I'd like to see the actual quote...

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1866802' date='May 13 2009, 11:27 PM']I don't recall saying that. I probably did say that he certainly should not be venerated as Saint by Catholics since he was not Catholic and apparently had some associations with an the anti-Catholic group the Freemasons.[/quote]
Fair point.

Besides, we don't even need to debate it. What we're talking about is whether or not this thread is even appropriate. Or rather the turn that the thread took. I don't really think it is.

Posted

This thread is too serious for the lame board.... be gone with it.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Seconded. :)
Although it's too lame for Open Mic or Debate Table. Let's close it. :yes:

saintwannabe 777
Posted (edited)

Nihil I agree. But I think that the gap between Traditionals and Charismatics must be addressed somehow. This happens everytime. It seriously hurts me to see fighting like this. I apologize for any hurt I've caused, but I believe in my heart that I am sick of seeing people look down on Charismatics for being "over-emotional". You have no idea what it is like to see the people of Africa rejoicing.

Edited by saintwannabe 777
Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1866812' date='May 13 2009, 11:34 PM']Nihil I agree. But I think that the gap between Traditionals and Charismatics must be addressed somehow. This happens everytime. It seriously hurts me to see fighting like this.[/quote]
Absolutely is something that can be addressed.
I probably tend towards traditionalism, though I'd never call myself a rad trad.... EVER!
I just don't feel comfortable in most charismatic situations. It's not who I am. I think that's what this comes down to. If the rules are followed, it comes down to who can best reach out to whom. The charismatics will reach some, the traditionalists will reach some... we need to work together.
As long as the rules are followed. That's important.

saintwannabe 777
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1866813' date='May 14 2009, 12:37 AM']Absolutely is something that can be addressed.
I probably tend towards traditionalism, though I'd never call myself a rad trad.... EVER!
I just don't feel comfortable in most charismatic situations. It's not who I am. I think that's what this comes down to. If the rules are followed, it comes down to who can best reach out to whom. The charismatics will reach some, the traditionalists will reach some... we need to work together.
As long as the rules are followed. That's important.[/quote]

I agree. I definitely agree my dude. At least someone sees clearly.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1866812' date='May 13 2009, 11:34 PM']I apologize for any hurt I've caused, but I believe in my heart that I am sick of seeing people look down on Charismatics for being "over-emotional". You have no idea what it is like to see the people of Africa rejoicing.[/quote]
I'm definitely not about to condemn the Charismatic movement. I'm not comfortable with it personally, but so far I've seen no reason to condemn it. Clearly some tendancies can be condemned, but they're specific to particular groups of people, not the movement as a whole.

Posted

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1866812' date='May 14 2009, 01:34 AM']Nihil I agree. But I think that the gap between Traditionals and Charismatics must be addressed somehow. This happens everytime. It seriously hurts me to see fighting like this. I apologize for any hurt I've caused, but I believe in my heart that I am sick of seeing people look down on Charismatics for being "over-emotional". You have no idea what it is like to see the people of Africa rejoicing.[/quote]


There's always going to be that gap between Traditionalists and Charismatics, and if you can't debate the issue without getting emotionally involved, maybe you should just step out, and not worry about defending it. Simply because something gets a bad rap on an internet debate board doesn't mean that all the sudden it's not true, or wholesome.

I had my say in those threads on Charismatics and I stepped out, I'm not quite as involved as you are with it I think, but at the same time, you gotta "know when to hold em, and know when to fold em".

saintwannabe 777
Posted

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1866821' date='May 14 2009, 12:42 AM']There's always going to be that gap between Traditionalists and Charismatics, and if you can't debate the issue without getting emotionally involved, maybe you should just step out, and not worry about defending it. Simply because something gets a bad rap on an internet debate board doesn't mean that all the sudden it's not true, or wholesome.

I had my say in those threads on Charismatics and I stepped out, I'm not quite as involved as you are with it I think, but at the same time, you gotta "know when to hold em, and know when to fold em".[/quote]

But y is that bridge there? Y can't we accept the fact that we all worship the lamb and w8 for the Pope's ruling? Y can't we accept our brother and sisterhood in Christ? This hate upsets me.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em...
Know when to walk away,
And know when to run.
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'
-When the dealin's done!

Love that song......... :) Hehe. Guilty pleasure maybe.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...