T-Bone _ Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' post='1876247' date='May 26 2009, 09:37 PM']I HATE okra.[/quote] You need to try it pickled.
CatherineM Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 [quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1876237' date='May 26 2009, 10:30 PM']We have stained concrete floors everywhere except upstairs. I think they would be a lot better if we took better care of them... the traffic of 11 people wasn't really taken into consideration by those who originally built this house. [/quote] I also hate carpets. How can you have carpets when 6 months of the years everyone's feet are wet or muddy or both? We are ground floor so our base is concrete, and I'm either going to stain them, or put down that porcelain tile that looks like wood. Probably will go with stain because it is way cheaper.
Angel*Star Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 [quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1876237' date='May 26 2009, 11:30 PM']We have stained concrete floors everywhere except upstairs. I think they would be a lot better if we took better care of them... the traffic of 11 people wasn't really taken into consideration by those who originally built this house. [/quote] Can't imagine why not! [quote name='CatherineM' post='1876264' date='May 26 2009, 11:48 PM']I also hate carpets. How can you have carpets when 6 months of the years everyone's feet are wet or muddy or both? We are ground floor so our base is concrete, and I'm either going to stain them, or put down that porcelain tile that looks like wood. Probably will go with stain because it is way cheaper.[/quote] I hate it when after six months of having carpet everyone knows your pathways! YUCK! Wood floors rule! And yes, I feel strongly about that. There is nothing better than pulling up ugly dirty carpeting! If God had wanted us to have carpeting it would grow in the forests like the wood floors do! Of course, after my husband lays the wood floors we put down a rug to protect the floors! He always laughs at me for that! I don't care. You can pick up the rugs and sweep under them and replace them MUCH easier and cheaper than carpets. And no, this is not a commercial for wood floors.
CatherineM Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 [quote name='Angel*Star' post='1876309' date='May 26 2009, 11:21 PM']I hate it when after six months of having carpet everyone knows your pathways! YUCK! Wood floors rule! And yes, I feel strongly about that. There is nothing better than pulling up ugly dirty carpeting! If God had wanted us to have carpeting it would grow in the forests like the wood floors do! Of course, after my husband lays the wood floors we put down a rug to protect the floors! He always laughs at me for that! I don't care. You can pick up the rugs and sweep under them and replace them MUCH easier and cheaper than carpets. And no, this is not a commercial for wood floors. [/quote] We can't have real wood. In Canada, you lay wood over concrete, and in a year, you will be pulling up rotten mush. Cold meets hot and you've got wet.
Saint Therese Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 I'm not a big fan of mosquitos. I'm pretty sure they're the work of the devil.
Saint Therese Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 How about yellow jackets and other assorted wasps? Today I was picking berries and I almost stepped on a yellow jacket nest. It would have been ugly.
rose wrought of iron Posted May 28, 2009 Author Posted May 28, 2009 I was staining the pergola in our backyard and there were flies everywhere! No clue why, and I want to just sit outside with a flyswatter and pile their corpses in a heap. Okay, so that was a little morbid....
T-Bone _ Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 I dislike it when my boss cuts hours and adds duties...and then wonders why morale is so low.
Angel*Star Posted May 31, 2009 Posted May 31, 2009 When my children get hurt and there was nothing I could do!
icelandic_iceskater Posted May 31, 2009 Posted May 31, 2009 I highly dislike the fruits of procrastination.
T-Bone _ Posted May 31, 2009 Posted May 31, 2009 [quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1879175' date='May 31 2009, 07:36 AM']I highly dislike the fruits of procrastination.[/quote] Is that some sort of citrus?
Paddington Posted May 31, 2009 Posted May 31, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1877206' date='May 28 2009, 12:36 PM']I dislike it when my boss cuts hours and adds duties...and then wonders why morale is so low.[/quote] co-sign
rose wrought of iron Posted May 31, 2009 Author Posted May 31, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' post='1879303' date='May 31 2009, 03:11 PM']"there"[/quote] Yep. I highly dislike giving/writing speeches.
Angel*Star Posted June 1, 2009 Posted June 1, 2009 [quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1879304' date='May 31 2009, 03:11 PM']Yep. I highly dislike giving/writing speeches. [/quote] Very funny, Rose! You worked pretty hard to do something you highly dislike doing. You will be great. We are waiting to hear the greatest speech on earth. When is graduation?
she_who_is_not Posted June 1, 2009 Posted June 1, 2009 when people you are in school with update their facebook statuses to brag about how much work they have completed, how awesome they are at school, etc....
Angel*Star Posted June 2, 2009 Posted June 2, 2009 When I have an outdoor event planned and it rains!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now