An Old School Catholic Message Board

Missing Link Found?

Selah

[quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1871616' date='May 20 2009, 07:00 AM']If I'm understanding this all correctly (I read a different article a few minutes ago) it is the missing link between primates and what came before, not between monkeys and humans.

But anyway, I hope that this kind of stuff happens with increasing frequency, thanks to advances in technology. I really think the common Christian's reluctance and demonizing toward evolution will be seen as scandalous 100 years from now.[/quote]

I think 100 years from now people will agree that the Catholics who viewed evolution and natural selection as ultimately incompatable with their world view were correct. :unsure:

[quote name='BG45' post='1871641' date='May 20 2009, 09:30 AM']Is it bad I can semi-agree? I know people who make the name John into three syllables due to their accents...[/quote]

.....how? :unsure:

I don't know how you pronounce Ida, but we say it with two syllables I-da. And it's not pronounced like "Ayda".

i thought donnie from the wild thornberry's was the missing link... :unsure:

Edited by mcts

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Hassan' post='1871364' date='May 19 2009, 09:55 PM']Ego sum rex Romanus et supra grammaticam! :unsure:[/quote]

Esne rex femineus? Aut estne grammatica supra te? Praeterea, Romani oderunt reges. Postulare rex esse se interficere.

dominicansoul

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/StateofBliss/Lateness%20Of%20The%20Hour/BackHair.jpg[/img]

i always thought my uncle bob was the missing link....

virginiancatholic

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1871766' date='May 20 2009, 11:21 AM']i think the scientist who discovered it named it after his daughter...[/quote]

Poor thing. :ohno:

I think this was about the vaguest article I've ever read. However, as they say in so many words, the possibilities are infinite. :lol_pound:

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Dan' post='1871925' date='May 20 2009, 03:34 PM']If man evolved from apes, why do we still have apes?[/quote]

Those are the ones with the dominant slacker genes.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1871777' date='May 20 2009, 01:29 PM'].....how? :unsure:[/quote]

You know, I've never been able to replicate it myself. But it's something like "oh Jah-uh-un".

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Dan' post='1871925' date='May 20 2009, 03:34 PM']If man evolved from apes, why do we still have apes?[/quote]
I don't believe in macroevolution, but I believe the evolutionist's answer would be that the mutation occurred in one small area of the chimp populace, which may have been geographically or socially divided from the rest of the chimps, allowing the gene to mutate and spread without affecting other chimps in other regions.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1872018' date='May 20 2009, 05:28 PM']I don't believe in macroevolution, but I believe[s] the evolutionist's answerwould be[/s] modern science says...[/quote]

[url="http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/species.htm"]http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/species.htm[/url]

Fixed :yes:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1872121' date='May 20 2009, 08:20 PM']the dogmatic evolutionists from a modern pseudoscience perceptive would say modern science says...[/quote]

Fixed again :yes:

:topsy: