Resurrexi Posted June 5, 2009 Posted June 5, 2009 (edited) [url="http://bp0.blogger.com/_TzorWGX-a9A/SCNCMCzLK5I/AAAAAAAAD6A/Xq-NvIQcit4/s1600-h/puppet%252Bmass.jpg"]Scary stuf![/url] Edited June 5, 2009 by Resurrexi
homeschoolmom Posted June 5, 2009 Posted June 5, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1884390' date='Jun 5 2009, 06:18 PM'][url="http://bp0.blogger.com/_TzorWGX-a9A/SCNCMCzLK5I/AAAAAAAAD6A/Xq-NvIQcit4/s1600-h/puppet%252Bmass.jpg"]Scary stuf![/url][/quote] Yeah, that video was posted here before. Honestly, I expected to see mean or crying clowns or something... I guess this was close.
VeniteAdoremus Posted June 5, 2009 Posted June 5, 2009 Were the words of consecration valid in that video? I was just wondering. Because if they aren't... I'm just disturbed. If they are, they had our Lord hostage and I go
Church Punk Posted June 5, 2009 Posted June 5, 2009 Seriously I have had a liturgical nightmare, i was dreaming that it was my wedding (which is fast approaching) and when the music started for the "Benedictus" after the sanctus (it was schuberts mass in G in my Dream, at least) liturgical dancers came stroling up and everyone started clapping and laughing and dancing with them. I was up there with my Bride furiously mad and horrified. So ya I have messed up dreams some times hahahah
Nihil Obstat Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 They all look like that new icon that we were disgusted about in a different thread.....
Resurrexi Posted June 6, 2009 Author Posted June 6, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1884480' date='Jun 5 2009, 08:16 PM']They all look like that new icon that we were disgusted about in a different thread..... [/quote] I don't know if that ugly thing deserves to be called an "icon". I guess it is a depiction of a beatified person, but I just do see how such an object could be used for the veneration of that [i]beata[/i]. Edited June 6, 2009 by Resurrexi
Nihil Obstat Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 Yes, good point. I realized right after I left earlier that icon was probably a dumb word to use in that case.
CatherineM Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 They look like something I saw at a Mardi Gras parade.
jeffpugh Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 [quote name='Church Punk' post='1884410' date='Jun 5 2009, 06:51 PM']Seriously I have had a liturgical nightmare, i was dreaming that it was my wedding (which is fast approaching) and when the music started for the "Benedictus" after the sanctus (it was schuberts mass in G in my Dream, at least) liturgical dancers came stroling up and everyone started clapping and laughing and dancing with them. I was up there with my Bride furiously mad and horrified. So ya I have messed up dreams some times hahahah[/quote] THAT was a funny dream.
eagle_eye222001 Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 Freaky. ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+fray/track/she+is"]The Fray - She Is[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
Dave Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 It was the closing liturgy at a Call to Action annual conference.
OraProMe Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 I'm happy it's a Call to Action liturgy and not a regular parish. I'm even happier that every single person I can see has grey hair.
VeniteAdoremus Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' post='1884705' date='Jun 6 2009, 07:59 AM']I'm happy it's a Call to Action liturgy and not a regular parish. I'm even happier that every single person I can see has grey hair.[/quote] The Dutch version of Call to Action is currently working on a method to attach more people under 60. They're having a tough ride, because you know, us young 'uns simply don't know what "modernising" and "going with the times" is I was thinking about whether their ignorance of the irony made me cry or laugh and decided to go for
SponsaChristi Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 To be quite honest - I don´t really understand people who want to celebrate mass like this... It makes sad. Very sad!
MithLuin Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh_nqtp3VrU"]Here's the video[/url] for anyone who didn't have the...opportunity...to see it. The puppets were just...decorations. Odd ones, to be sure.... The altar servers-as-liturgical-dancers was surreally bizarre. I have to agree that I've glad they were all greyhairs. It's scary stuff.... And clowns, for those who wanted them: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsC4wRPybpA"]Here[/url] and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadbbxPoBlk"]Halloween costumes at mass[/url] I don't know what the clown one was about...maybe some sort of 'blue mass' but for clowns? While it is great to ask people to come to mass on Halloween, not in costumes like that! I've gone to mass in costume before, but it was a hobbit costume. So I was wearing a long skirt and was dressed in greys and browns
HisChildForever Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 Lol, the big headed dudes. They remind me of this commercial my older brother and I always made fun of when we were waaaay younger. I think it had to do with cars, and I think it was a cartoon salesman, and he had a huuuuge head and itty bitty body.
MissyP89 Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 Tonight, during the prayers of the Consecration, I will look up to the altar and say, "Dear Lord, thank you that everyone up there has normal size heads and bodies." Then again, I guess having a liturgist for a pastor helps a good deal!
Jaime Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 And did you notice that none of the women had head coverings?
Nihil Obstat Posted June 6, 2009 Posted June 6, 2009 [quote name='hot stuff' post='1884999' date='Jun 6 2009, 02:25 PM']And did you notice that none of the women had head coverings?[/quote] Will these evils never cease?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now