An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have Personal Computers Changed Debates For The Better?

southern california guy

tinytherese

[quote name='southern california guy' post='1889439' date='Jun 12 2009, 11:13 PM']tinytherese,

I would think that debating the existence of god would be a [b]VERY [/b]difficult debate no matter what. But I confess I've done it myself.. They were able to get me a little when they brought up Egyptian mythology -- and the story of Osiris. But even if some Egyptian mythology did find its way into the bible, that doesn't disprove that Jesus existed -- which they try to argue. But it does bring up in interesting question. Do we believe in part because of the more unbelievable miracles, as convoluted as that is?

But anyway back to the idea of debating on the internet. I think that at least [i]some[/i] of the debates are more intelligent than debating in person -- which is often only an exchange of opinions and heresay without any real research or facts to back it up... :sadder:[/quote]

I watched The Song of Bernadette yesterday (a film that I haven't seen in years) and in it there's this one great quote.

"For those who believe in God, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe in God no explanation is possible."

Oh and for future referrence, the book The Case for Christ is a great one for looking at the facts to whether Jesus did in fact exist and if He did then what can the facts say about His identity. I've also heard that The Case for Creator is a good one.