Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 (edited) ['CatherineM' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:09 PM' post='1888171'] I did home made plastic explosive for a science fair in 6th grade. They never let me do science fairs again after that. My mom never let my dad help me with homework again either. [/quote] If you're ever in Chapel Hill or Greenville NC I really, really want you to come drinking with me/me and my friends. Seriously, I think I speak for everyone when I say you're like the coolest middle age (no offense) women I've ever met Edited June 11, 2009 by Hassan
Christie_M Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1888021' date='Jun 10 2009, 06:21 PM']I prefer steel wool and a 9 volt battery for my arson needs.[/quote] how does that work? [quote name='Hassan' post='1888221' date='Jun 10 2009, 10:33 PM']['CatherineM' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:09 PM' post='1888171'] I did home made plastic explosive for a science fair in 6th grade. They never let me do science fairs again after that. My mom never let my dad help me with homework again either. If you're ever in Chapel Hill or Greenville NC I really, really want you to come drinking with me/me and my friends. Seriously, I think I speak for everyone when I say you're like the coolest middle age (no offense) women I've ever met[/quote]
CatherineM Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1888221' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:33 PM']If you're ever in Chapel Hill or Greenville NC I really, really want you to come drinking with me/me and my friends. Seriously, I think I speak for everyone when I say you're like the coolest middle age (no offense) women I've ever met[/quote] My dad was cool one. It was like being raised by an elderly James Bond. Frankly, I'm surprised I lived to adulthood. I rarely pass an offer of a drink though.
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1888230' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:51 AM']My dad was cool one.[/quote] He sounds like he was, but that doesn't take away from you. [quote]I rarely pass an offer of a drink though.[/quote] Hazzah!
TotusTuusMaria Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1888221' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:33 AM']If you're ever in Chapel Hill or Greenville NC I really, really want you to come drinking with me/me and my friends. [/quote] So, now they aren't bringing you drinks, but rather your doing "drinking" with them.
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 (edited) [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1888243' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:58 PM']So, now they aren't bringing you drinks, but rather your doing "drinking" with them. [/quote] No one brings me drinks. If someone in the group is older while we're about town they will buy them for those of us who are underage. No one really cares. I think the towns gave up long ago trying to stop college students from drinking, they just try to contain it. And of course I go drinking with them. Why in the world would you drink alone aside from something in your tea before bed or something like that. Edited June 11, 2009 by Hassan
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1888253' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:03 AM']Come to Alberta then. Drinking age is 18.[/quote] It's also lower in Italy and Greece, and both of those places, like most places on earth, are way more fun to drink in than Canada I make fun of Canada, but I know a really nice young professor from French Canada
TotusTuusMaria Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1888249' date='Jun 11 2009, 01:02 AM']No one brings me drinks. If someone in the group is older while we're about town they will buy them for those of us who are underage. No one really cares. I think the towns gave up long ago trying to stop college students from drinking, they just try to contain it. And of course I go drinking with them. Why in the world would you drink alone aside from something in your tea before bed or something like that.[/quote] shame. shame. shame.
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1888258' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:05 AM'] shame. shame. shame. [/quote] I don't get drunk. Yes I do drink, responsibly. What's your problem with it? CatherineM apparently drinks and she's not only cool but a good Catholic, so did Padre Pio.
TotusTuusMaria Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 your doing it against the law. CatherineM is an adult woman over the age of 18 (where she is in Canada) and the age of 21. According the government, your still a little tot who needs to keep their little hands off the liquor.
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1888271' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:17 AM']your doing it against the law. CatherineM is an adult woman over the age of 18 (where she is in Canada) and the age of 21. According the government, your still a little tot who needs to keep their little hands off the liquor.[/quote] The Sultan does not care about your silly rules
CatherineM Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 Closest I've come to North Carolina since the 80's, was to visit my sister in law and niece in VA. She teaches pathology at the med school there. My niece graduated law school this year, but I couldn't go because of immigration issues. I'll be glad when I finally get my citizenship so I'm not trapped here.
TotusTuusMaria Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Hassan' post='1888277' date='Jun 11 2009, 01:22 AM']The Sultan does not care about your silly rules [/quote] These are not [i]my[/i] "silly rules." It is the law across the US which I have had no influence over. Edited June 11, 2009 by TotusTuusMaria
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1888281' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:24 AM']Closest I've come to North Carolina since the 80's, was to visit my sister in law and niece in VA. She teaches pathology at the med school there. My niece graduated law school this year, but I couldn't go because of immigration issues. I'll be glad when I finally get my citizenship so I'm not trapped here.[/quote] Cool. Where did your niece graduate from? And yes, being trapped in Canada must be a very, very trying experience (that's mostly to Nihil )
CatherineM Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1888291' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:31 AM']Cool. Where did your niece graduate from?[/quote] Richmond
Hassan Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1888313' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:44 AM']Richmond[/quote] She should be very proud. Virginia is such a beautiful state too. I stayed there for a week once and have always wanted to return. West Virginia too, but like like regular Virginia better.
jeffpugh Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1888221' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:33 AM']['CatherineM' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:09 PM' post='1888171'] I did home made plastic explosive for a science fair in 6th grade. They never let me do science fairs again after that. My mom never let my dad help me with homework again either. If you're ever in Chapel Hill or Greenville NC I really, really want you to come drinking with me/me and my friends. Seriously, I think I speak for everyone when I say you're like the coolest middle age (no offense) women I've ever met[/quote] Yeah. I third this. Come drink w/ me and Cat. lawl.
Christie_M Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' post='1888281' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:24 PM']Closest I've come to North Carolina since the 80's, was to visit my sister in law and niece in VA. She teaches pathology at the med school there. My niece graduated law school this year, but I couldn't go because of immigration issues. I'll be glad when I finally get my citizenship so I'm not trapped here.[/quote] congrats to your niece so..you're stuck in canada for how long then? that's a wierd rule
tinytherese Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 [quote name='picchick' post='1887813' date='Jun 10 2009, 02:29 PM']Why would I bring Rex? Does Rex taste like chocolate? Nope! I am talkin' the real deal yo.[/quote] Just talk about the novus ordo done in an extremely liberal fashion and perhaps he will start breathing fire so as to toast the smores.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now