An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cfr Sisters--interview Form

InHisLove726

InHisLove726

Well, everyone, I sent back the "Come and See" interview form today. :) I was waiting for a while because I wanted to make sure that this attraction wasn't superficial and I prayed about it. I finally got up the courage to fill it out, and I sent it back this evening. I couldn't call the Vocation Director because, frankly, I'm chicken! :rolleyes: I just wonder how I'm going to be when she calls me back (if she calls me). Sr. Francis and Sr. Francesca take care of the vocation stuff, so I hope to hear from them sooner rather than later. I probably won't be able to go to New York for a few months, but I want to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

Please keep me in your prayers. I'm thoroughly convinced that I need to go up there and check them out. :D

prayers for you dear friend!

Haha! Me too! I cannot speak to someone about my vocation. So when the time comes for me to call one, oh my gosh, i think i would choke.

InHisLove726

I'm consumed with love for Jesus and St. Francis. Both are what I want to be, and I strive to be daily. If God is calling me to a Franciscan order, I want to live as I picture St. Francis would have lived in this age, and the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal are that model of the Franciscan spirituality I'm looking for. :)

I know that it may appear that I flipped quickly from the Carmelites to the Franciscans, but truth is, I've known the CFRs longer than the Carmelites, and I've been discerning whether or not to look into them. It just seems like the right thing to do. I want to give myself completely over to Jesus in an act of complete love and surrender. Jesus is "My God! My all!" (St. Francis quote)

I ask that all of you keep me in your daily prayers. I can't understand how this feels so right, but I am going along with it, trying to make the best of each day. A wise man once said:

"Live each day as if it were your last."

Thank you all for your loving prayers and support. I'll keep you updated, and I hope to hear from Sr. Francis very soon. :D