An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedict Xvi: The Reforming Pope

cappie

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1896917' date='Jun 20 2009, 08:21 PM']I remember watching this one documentary about him last month called [i]Love Affair With the [/i][i]Truth[/i] or something. It wasn't as good as [i]Witness to Hope[/i] though it did have its good parts. In one scene this reporter from CNN referred to his previous position as cardinal for the Doctine of the Faith as Darth Vader. :lol_pound:

Other parts that I found hilarious were when it mentioned how he kept trying to resign from his position multiple times but JP2 didn't let him and how can you say no to him? There was also the part where his brother spoke on how his phone kept ringing with reporters on the other end and he was avoiding them, then he was told from his secretary or whoever that he could talk on it then because his brother the pope was on the other line. He said that they conversed like they had in the past casually just like normal brothers.[/quote]
Darth Vader? I thought people kept saying he looked like The Emperor (Darth Sidius)

Saint Therese

He gave such a marvelous witness when he came out onto the loggia after his election.
He was radiating trust and faith. Awesome.

[quote name='kafka' post='1896910' date='Jun 20 2009, 07:54 PM']Based on the prophecies[/quote]

:rolleyes:

:P

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1897030' date='Jun 20 2009, 10:50 PM']Prophesies??[/quote]

Thus spake Zoroaster...

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1897039' date='Jun 20 2009, 11:00 PM']Thus spake Zoroaster...[/quote]
:annoyed:

its Also Sprach Zarathustra. Also made popular as a tone poem by Strauss:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAy4bG8Q6Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAy4bG8Q6Q[/url]

Seriously, yes there are a few Catholic prophecies both in Scripture and private revelation which seem to point to the next pope after our beloved Pope Benedict.

[quote name='kafka' post='1897056' date='Jun 20 2009, 11:12 PM']Seriously, yes there are a few Catholic prophecies both in Scripture and private revelation which seem to point to the next pope after our beloved Pope Benedict.[/quote]

I do not pay very much attention to private revelations.

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1896227' date='Jun 19 2009, 06:12 PM']It is a sad fact that a person is often not appreciated while he is alive, but only after he has died.[/quote]
very true.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1897158' date='Jun 20 2009, 11:15 PM']I do not pay very much attention to private revelations.[/quote]
thank goodness Catholics don't have to.