An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Many Times Can You Say The Rosary?

carmelite15

TeresaBenedicta

As many times as you'd like, I suppose. :)

Although most people opt for once a day. Or you could do a set of four, for all the sets of mysteries.

I know there've been times when I've had a really really bad day that I've prayed the rosary quite a few times over, drawing comfort from Our Mother. But generally I just do one.

I think you need to examine your reasons for wanting to keep saying a certain pray over and over again. It is a wonderful prayer, but you have to guard against being obsessive about things. It is a l tribute to the life of the Holy Family and the most important part is the meditation on the mysteries. What purpose would it serve to keep repeating it? And how does one find that much time in ones life? I think you need to explain more your reason for asking so we could better get a grip on things to answer what you need to know.

carmelite15

i mean just some times i just want to pray pray pray all day sometimes its not just the rosary.

Vincent Vega

I'd say as many times as you feel compelled and want to, without getting lazy or "careless".

Laudem Gloriae

Padre Pio always said a ton. I know of one recorded incident when a man asked him how many he prayed and it was in the morning or late morning I believe and Padre Pio responded "35, but I can do more than one thing at a time."!

I wonder if this was only the morning total how many he did in a day!

DominicanPhilosophy

Immaculee Ilibagiza, author of [i]Left to Tell[/i], said, I believe, about fifteen rosaries a day. She was hidden in a small 3x4 bathroom with seven other women for ninety-one days during the Rwandan genocide. Immaculee soon realized that all she really had was her faith.
I had the amazing experience of having her talk at my school, as well as then praying a living rosary with her at a Destination Jesus retreat about four months later. She is honestly one of the most beautiful, strongest women I have ever met. She also wrote some prayers to Our Lady of Kibeho, to be prayed throughout parts of the Rosary.

[url="http://www.immaculee.com/story.html"]http://www.immaculee.com/story.html[/url]

As far as saying the Rosary myself, I have trouble even getting through one Rosary when not in a group. Praying the Rosary alone, I get so distracted mentally, and it's hard to keep saying the same things over and over with conviction. It's not that I don't love Our Lady, but it's just one of the ways that original sin affects me, personally, I think.

+JMJD

inunionwithrome

I would say that if you feel drawn to it you can say the Whole Rosary which I refer to as all Four Mysteries of the Rosary. You can also find a meditation guide with the rosary on which to reflect on each mystery if you just do the ones for the day.

VeniteAdoremus

We've got several old ladies in our church who do four daily. They were pretty happy when the new Mysteries were added :)

On pilgrimages I do four daily, but other than that one-and-a-bit daily is a good score for me... I say a rosary every night for a special friend and usually fall asleep during the third decade :)

Jennifer G.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1901258' date='Jun 25 2009, 01:17 PM']We've got several old ladies in our church who do four daily. They were pretty happy when the new Mysteries were added :)

On pilgrimages I do four daily, but other than that one-and-a-bit daily is a good score for me... I say a rosary every night for a special friend and usually fall asleep during the third decade :)[/quote]

I've fallen asleep around that point a few times. Once, I was sick, and I was praying the Rosary while trying to rest. I'd nod off to sleep, and wake up continuing the Rosary right where I left off.

Anyway, if you could say the Rosary between 20 and 30 minutes, you could say 48-72 Rosaries in 1 24 hour period. ;)

dominicansoul

Have you tried the 54 -day Rosary Novena?

I heard it's Mother Assumpta's favorite!

It's one Rosary a day for 54 days, the first 27 are for petition, the next 27 for thanksgiving...

Traditionally, Dominicans say many Rosaries a day, particular to the Community. In Ann Arbor, we had a Novitiate Rosary in the afternoon and an Evening Rosary with the Community. On special Marian months, we prayed 3.

It is certainly a wonderful prayer to pray, but if you have that much time on your hands, you need to get more involved in life. There can be prayer in action, do good for someone, volunteer your time, take a class, help your parents out at home. Sitting there praying all day, while a wonderful advocation, is not reallity. Even the strictest of cloisters realize you need a healthy balance of work and prayer. Jesus went out and healed.
When I go to my job, I consider that a very valuable part of my prayerlife.
My opinon

loveletslive

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1901232' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:19 AM']as well as then praying a living rosary with her at a Destination Jesus retreat about four months later.[/quote]

CRAAAAAAZY. i was totally at that retreat!