OraProMe Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1901881' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:27 AM']Both of those things are normal for twelve-year-old Americans...[/quote] Yeah. But 15 year old Americans who's past times include memorizing the Latin formula of the sacraments, quoting canon law and debating the morality of burning heretics? I had a mobile when I was 15 too and a proper boyfriend when I was 16 but I wasn't as fervent as you..... Eh, I just find it a bit bizzare. Just me. Edited June 26, 2009 by OraProMe
jeffpugh Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901868' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:04 AM']I'm sorry....a "cell phone". -shudders-[/quote] Hehe... it's short for cellular telephone. I guess 'cause they're small. It's okay. It's a North American thing. You know, Australia is an anomaly to me, but I guess it's cause we Canucks are the oddballs in the Commonwealth. [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1901871' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:12 AM']You forgot that he's American. He's late by their standards. [/quote] Heheh. When I was his age I was in bed at 9:30. [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901876' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:19 AM']I love how so many cultures, races, religions and politcal ideologies can all find common ground in a healthy dislike of the USA. I have International Politics in the heart of the city so my class if full of socialists. It's hilarious when America comes up. [/quote] Yep. I don't like the states cause of a few things, but one of em is cause I'm here and she's there. Meh. And their drinking age is 21. Bloody Puritans.
OraProMe Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) And they spell colour, favourite and probably a host of other english words without the U. I mean, why?! You're kind of right, Canada is the oddball of the commonwealth. Although you look like you have some lovely scenery. Edited June 26, 2009 by OraProMe
Resurrexi Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1901884' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:31 AM']and here I thought the idea was to be counter cultural... [/quote] I never said that I approved of twelve-year-old children being involved in romantic relationships, but it is not out of the ordinary. [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901888' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:35 AM']Yeah. But 15 year old Americans who's past times include memorizing the Latin formula of the sacraments, quoting canon law and debating the morality of burning heretics? I had a mobile when I was 15 too and a proper boyfriend when I was 16 but I wasn't as fervent as you..... Eh, I just find it a bit bizzare. Just me.[/quote] I really do [i][b][u]NOT[/u][/b][/i] need to hear about your illicit relationships.
OraProMe Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) LOL. How was that post about my relationships at all? A scant reference maybe. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you jealous. Don't worry Rexybaby, I'm all yours. OraProMe & Resurrexi 26, June 2009 - Forever. Edited June 26, 2009 by OraProMe
OraProMe Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) It wasn't even about my relationships. Don't be silly babe-o-sauras-Rex Edited June 26, 2009 by OraProMe
Christie_M Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 i don't think that's going to get old. thanks for giving me a laugh guys!
jeffpugh Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901892' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:39 AM']And they spell colour, favourite and probably a host of other english words without the U. I mean, why?! You're kind of right, Canada is the oddball of the commonwealth. Although you look like you have some lovely scenery.[/quote] It is. Very lovely. Unfortunately, there's a huge line that goes horizontally that ruins the congruency of the scenery. Good thing we can pass it though Anyways, I was told that Australia is a lot like Canada, except drier, and gets hotter... but my friends who went there for WYD were quite comfortable. Oh, and I have a confession to make. I sometimes overuse the letter zed. In words such as civilization (though I put an "s" in then backspaced). Though, I've been training myself to use "s" more often. Dunno if my professors would agree with the British spelling though.
Resurrexi Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901900' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:44 AM']It wasn't even about my relationships. Don't be silly babe-o-sauras-Rex[/quote] At least you edited this post so that it no longer has a comma splice.
Resurrexi Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901907' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:47 AM']uh.......[/quote] I have decided that I am going to pull a Madam V and block you. Pax
Nihil Obstat Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' post='1901876' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:19 AM']I love how so many cultures, races, religions and politcal ideologies can all find common ground in a healthy dislike of the USA. I have International Politics in the heart of the city so my class if full of socialists. It's hilarious when America comes up. [/quote] I'm a moderate "American apologist" when it comes up in Canada. It's very similar though, to what you must see. [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1901903' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:46 AM']Oh, and I have a confession to make. I sometimes overuse the letter zed. In words such as civilization (though I put an "s" in then backspaced). Though, I've been training myself to use "s" more often. Dunno if my professors would agree with the British spelling though.[/quote] I like zed. It makes words seem more powerful.
Christie_M Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1901908' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:48 AM']I have decided that I am going to pull a Madam V and block you. Pax[/quote] he's only playing
Resurrexi Posted June 26, 2009 Author Posted June 26, 2009 I don't exactly appreciate being called "Babe-O-Saurus-Rex"...
Nihil Obstat Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1901915' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:53 AM']I don't exactly appreciate being called "Babe-O-Saurus-Rex"...[/quote] I found that rather clever.
OraProMe Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 (edited) Awww Resurrexi, I'm only joking. I don't really appreciate being told my relationship is illicit either but I'm not about to block you. Be tough. Don't take stuff so seriously, man. Edited June 26, 2009 by OraProMe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now