An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-phatmass People May Be A Little Less Bright

Dan

O.K., so not all people have a Ph.D., most may not have a master's, but I found an individual who may need some additional schoolwork.

I asked my sister-in-law, simply for fun, in your neighborhood, in which direction does the sun set.

After a few seconds of deer-in-the-headlight looks, she said, "North??"

“From ghoulies and ghosties,
And long-leggedy beasties,
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us! “

they asked that question to the wives on the Newlywed Game (circa 1970)

all the wives got it wrong.

This is the same young lady I had previously asked, "What color is the sky on your home planet?"

She thought about it for some time before she responded...

Anyone who has seen Beauty and the Beast knows that the sun rises in the East.

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong
Certain as the sun
[b]Rising in the east[/b]
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

DOY.

[quote name='Moosey' post='1907127' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:28 AM']Anyone who has seen Beauty and the Beast knows that the sun rises in the East.[/quote]

The question isn't of where it rises, but where it sets.

:duh:

Yeah. I know. Use your head, it rises in the East....therefore.....it sets in the West. It only makes sense.

One knows their left hand from their right by remembering which hand they write with, correct?

Christie_M

Early East Whimpy West! :P

[quote name='Moosey' post='1907148' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:44 AM']Yeah. I know. Use your head, it rises in the East....therefore.....it sets in the West. It only makes sense.

One knows their left hand from their right by remembering which hand they write with, correct?[/quote]

:no: make a fist with both hands, then extend your index finger and thumb out. which ever hand makes an "L" is your left hand.

I am ambidextrous

The sun rises in the East anf if you go far enough east you will be returning from the west. That being the case, it may be said that the sun rises in the west.

Once that has been established, it sets in the south only because the north already has the compass pointing that way.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1907155' date='Jul 1 2009, 12:57 PM']I write with my left hand...

:mellow:[/quote]
You can still tell the difference by remembering which hand you write with.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1907160' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:04 PM']:no: make a fist with both hands, then extend your index finger and thumb out. which ever hand makes an "L" is your left hand.[/quote]
Are you one of those people who do that while you drive? :huh:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Moosey' post='1907148' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:44 PM']One knows their left hand from their right by remembering which hand they write with, correct?[/quote]
Is that a trick question? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Isn't that rather much the same as a train moving from New York on a single track and is moving West ( left ) while another train leaves LA moving right ( east ) on the same single line.

When would they meet??

East is east and west is west and never the trains will meet.....