Iacobus Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 You know who I want to vote for? Eugene Debs!!! LOL in 1920 he took over 1,000,000 votes from Jail!!! LOL he was in jail for speaking out againt WWI.
MC Just Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 [quote name='dUSt' date='Mar 30 2004, 03:22 PM'] If Kerry becomes president, I pray that the pope will publicily ban him from receiving communion, unless he changes his stance on abortion. What better way to prove to the world that the Catholic Church is the last remaining institutional power that will fight for morality? IF Kerry becomes president, I hope and pray that the Church will make it clear to the world that Kerry is NOT a Catholic in good standing with the Church. [/quote] AMEN A trillion times to that.
HomeTeamFamily Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 does anyone know of a good site that compares and contrasts kerry's and bush's standpoint on the major issues as well as some of the third party candidates?.....i guess i consider myself sitting on the fence but im leaning toward bush unless there is a third party candidate that is pro-life and differs from bush....kerry is pretty much out....everytime ive heard him talk about his platform he was very vague and doesnt seem to have a very good grip on things......so anyway, if anyone knows a good comparison site id appreciate it much!!!! thanks pham adam
sista2b Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 what about a site that shows pro-life politicians on the local levels? this is my first election and i'm a bit clueless.
Iacobus Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 I use Slate's ballot box is the issues of the polticians.
popestpiusx Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 [quote name='sista2b' date='Mar 30 2004, 09:43 PM'] "i will not be a Catholic President" yeah hopefully thats right... [/quote] Even if he is elected it will still be accurate. He may be president, but he sure as hell isn't Catholic.
Trying2BFaithful Posted March 31, 2004 Author Posted March 31, 2004 I'm going to say this even if some of you don't like it: Voting for anyone who is pro-choice amounts to mortal sin. You are voting for a democrat "cronie" who supports the butchering of a million babies every year. If Jack Ryan is pro-choice, nix him from your list. Same goes for Kerry and anyone else who waffles. As for Bush and the war: Do mass graves and torture/rape camps where women are raped and put throught meat grinders feet first not adequate justification for military intervention? I think so. Interesting that the media doesn't show you these things...they're everywhere. Also, in terms of ethnic cleansing of the Kurds, Sadam Hussein was more effective than Adolf Hitler at erradicating an ethnic group. Chew on that a bit and then try to be opposed to this VERY just war.
Ash Wednesday Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 Trying2BeFaithful, that's so cool you mentioned Joe Schriner. I love Joe! I would really love to vote for Joe. NOT because I hate Bush, because I actually like W. even though I didn't agree with the war or his fiscal policies. But I want to give Joe my support. He's a presidential candidate that actually writes you back when you write to them. I like Bush a lot more than our little Democratic Eggo Waffle, because even though W's not very articulate in his "subliminable" ways, to me he's an honest man and has a backbone. My state always goes Democrat. As long as we're electoral college, my state always goes to the Dems no matter who I vote for [b](which now will always be pro-life)[/b] [b]If I was in Florida, or Ohio, I would DEFINITELY be voting for Bush. If you're in a battleground state, please don't vote for Kerry. Like trying2Bfaithful said, we have a serious moral obligation to keep pro-choice politicians out of office.[/b] If you really, really truly, can't bring yourself to vote for Bush, at all, and if you would be seriously tempted to cast a vote for Kerry, I'd rather have them vote for Joe: voteforjoe.com. I almost want to vote for Bush (as I did in 2000) because all the shrill liberal whining about Bush is really starting to tick me off. This is not directed at anyone on phatmass, I'm talking about leftists that whine that "Bush is not my president" and all that garbage. It makes me want to say, shut up, whiners. Keep it up, and I'll vote for W. just to make you squeal even more.
Lounge Daddy Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 (edited) [font="Courier"]If you want to be serious about keeping a horrible example of a Catholic out of office - vote for President G.W. Bush. It’s interesting… Bush seems to be a better example of a Catholic American than Kerry. My view is: any vote for a 3rd party candidate supports a two-faced, pro-death, political game player who calls himself a Catholic and quotes scripture because he thinks people like us are stupid enough to help him get elected. If you want to send a message this election - I suggest writing letters to the press and to your reps.[/font] Edited March 31, 2004 by Lounge Daddy
thicke Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 HM....My hope is that I get to see him become Catholic, but not president.
Trying2BFaithful Posted March 31, 2004 Author Posted March 31, 2004 I agree with you completely, Ash. And as for me choosing not to vote for Joe Schriner, my reasoning echoes yours. It's just that I live in Ohio, definitely a swing state, so I think W. needs my vote so that Kerry doesn't win.
Theoketos Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 (edited) We all should dawn green scapulars for him! Edited March 31, 2004 by Theoketos
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 31, 2004 Posted March 31, 2004 [quote] HM....My hope is that I get to see him become Catholic, but not president. [/quote] Lol...absolutely! [quote] We all should dawn green scapulars for him! [/quote] I can only wear brown scapulars...any others are against the seminarian dress code for my diocese...
Trying2BFaithful Posted April 1, 2004 Author Posted April 1, 2004 I only wish I could have 5 minutes with the guy...I think I could truly strike the fear of God into him. He's gambling with his eternal salvation and he doesn't even know. Sad, really.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now