An Old School Catholic Message Board

Harry Potter And The Half-blood Prince

Resurrexi

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excelsior1027

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1912250' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:25 PM']Won't be seeing a midnight showing. Not expecting the film to amount to much. Generally when movies are delayed, that means things went wrong and they try to fix them. Keyword is "try." I cite that Alamo movie that came out a couple years a ago. It was delayed and that turned out really bad.[/quote]
That's usually true, but in this case Warner Bros. moved the movie because spots opened up in July of this year and they thought it would make more money this way (and it probably will).

I'm not expecting the film to amount to much because ever since the third film they've had to cut out so much of the story that the movie is no where near as good as the books. I guess that might be better with [i]The Deathly Hallows[/i] since it'll be two movies, but I expect [i]Half-Blood Prince[/i] to be the same way.

[quote name='sarcasmguy126' post='1912582' date='Jul 6 2009, 10:34 AM']what's the point of a midnight premiere? i'd much rather see it when i'm wide awake....[/quote]
......Godd point. I think why people like to go the the midnight premeire, is so they can say they were one of the first to see it.

I don't think I'll go to the midnight viewing... Possibly a few days after... When the last book came out, Chapters had a party, and then released the book at midnight; I went to that....

TeresaBenedicta

Midnight showing, baby!

I've been to every single midnight showing, AND to the midnight parties for the books since the 5th book came out.

Gotta keep up my tradition!

Too bad I have Mass at 7:30am and work at 8:30am the next morning!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1912688' date='Jul 6 2009, 02:50 PM']Midnight showing, baby!

I've been to every single midnight showing, AND to the midnight parties for the books since the 5th book came out.

Gotta keep up my tradition!

Too bad I have Mass at 7:30am and work at 8:30am the next morning![/quote]

Yay I am not alone!

DemonSlayer

I haven't watched any of the films in full, when they're on TV I always get bored after a while.

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1912605' date='Jul 6 2009, 10:55 AM']I am the sole harry potter nerd on phatmass? So sad.[/quote]
You aren't the sole nerd. I have been watching all the other movies with one of my friends to get psyched up for the new one. I'm not sure if I will go at midnight though. I can't stay up that late anymore. :ohno:

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1914235' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:56 AM']You aren't the sole nerd. I have been watching all the other movies with one of my friends to get psyched up for the new one. I'm not sure if I will go at midnight though. I can't stay up that late anymore. :ohno:[/quote]

Haha it's a struggle for me as well. Not being able to stay up all night is one of the worst parts about adulthood.

[quote name='Azriel' post='1913446' date='Jul 7 2009, 11:53 AM']Anyone else going to go see it on IMAX?[/quote]

I saw order of the Pheonix on IMAX and I hated it. The movie didnt take up the whole screen so it just seemed odd. I will save my money this time around.