An Old School Catholic Message Board

Affirmative Action

missionseeker

eagle_eye222001

Which is why you have to have the right product at the right time and place.
----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/harvey+two-face+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - Harvey Two-Face (Album Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1914184' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:52 AM']You could try being a hitman. Hitperson.[/quote]

:yes: that would be lucrative.

:mellow:

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1914049' date='Jul 7 2009, 08:46 PM']temp agency?[/quote]
Yes. There are a number of temporary staffing agencies that provide contract work for companies that need short-term help.

Manpower is one I've worked for in the past, also Kelly Services. I'm not sure what the ones are in your area. I've done things ranging from secretarial/reception work to working in customs at an auto manufacturer to grading standardized tests. The pay is typically decent, and they typically have work for a variety of experience levels.

Winchester

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1914026' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:32 PM']I have submitted at 15 resumes and close to 30 applications.

"you're a college student" is the only reason I can't get a job...[/quote]
Have you tried lying? Tell them you're looking for long term employment and not trying to get an education. Think of it as war.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1914432' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:21 PM']Have you tried lying? Tell them you're looking for long term employment and not trying to get an education. Think of it as war.[/quote]
That's a great way to get a good reference out of them later.

:mellow:

CatherineM

I went to church with a woman in Oklahoma who had made a career out of being a Kelly girl. She had a list of places that she did 2-4 weeks at while their assistants or secretaries were on vacation every year. She liked it because it was different, and she never stayed any place long enough to get crushed by office politics.

heavenseeker

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1914026' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:32 PM']I have submitted at 15 resumes and close to 30 applications.

"you're a college student" is the only reason I can't get a job...[/quote]
yeah if you are trying to get a serious job its going to be hard because most plases dont want to only hire someone for the summer or even if it is where you go to school to then have to change hours come fall. but if you are getting that from places like walmart, mcdonalds, or anywhere like those places then im shicked because they almost always hire on a lot of people justfor the summer while kids are out of school