An Old School Catholic Message Board

Redbox Rentals

Lil Red

I use it frequently. They have one at the grocery I frequent, so I'll often get a DVD when I get groceries.

Brother Adam

Basically. It's a big red vending machine that you can rent movies for $1.00 a day with your credit card. You can even reserve them at home and pick them up so you know you are getting the movies you want and they aren't all checked out. I looked into trying to franchise them, but only high volume businesses can request them.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1916315' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:25 PM']Basically. It's a big red vending machine that you can rent movies for $1.00 a day with your credit card. You can even reserve them at home and pick them up so you know you are getting the movies you want and they aren't all checked out.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
what's really nice about that is then you don't have to run all over town trying to rent the movie you want! :)

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1916681' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:26 AM']+J.M.J.+
what's really nice about that is then you don't have to run all over town trying to rent the movie you want! :)[/quote]

or you can just get them in the mail :)

elizabeth09

I never get DVD out of the Redbox. There is a store that I shop at once in awhile, and they have one close to a Redbox, but I call it the Bluebox, because its blue.

Edited by elizabeth09

I prefer the library. I can order then online and pick them up. I can keep them for 7 days and it is free. We have a large library so the selection is great. If I want something they don't have, they will buy it for me or find it at another library.

ilovechrist

the Redbox...

is my new best friend. never using Blockbuster or any other familiar rental place again.

ESPECIALLY when Redbox is $1 and WalMart has reduced their $5 dollar movie bin to THREE dollars! :punk:

The only problem with the Redbox is it never has the movie I want. It's good for brand new movies but movies that are even a year old I can never find in the boxes near my house. :(

Word of caution with RedBox. Avoid ones that are not kept inside the store. If they are outside it is pretty easy to attach little devices that can record credit card numbers. Other than that, I like them.