An Old School Catholic Message Board

God Bless Mike

I just read the other thread that got closed. I just want to say God bless Mike Jackson and I hope he is in a better place. To all the judgmental stuff no one has the right to do that. Only God gets to pull that card. I sorta find it troublesome that child molesting attacks are thrown out at him durning his death since we are on a catholic website of all places. If he did do this doesn't he have a shot at forgiveness just like the priest who did these acts ? As far as the news making him look like a saint I don't know ? I watch fox news and they were critical of him. Cnn showed him in a better light but they still talked about the bad stuff. Lets not forget the cross Mike carried from his childhood to his adulthood. I don't think it was to easy walking in his shoes. The man was humiliated everyday through the media. One can argue it was from his own bad choices but still he suffered greatly because of them. And we all make bad choices. God blessed Mike with a special gift and he was a great performer and seemed to have a big heart. He's got my love and prayers and I hope God has mercy on his soul. The same mercy I hope for on my soul when I return back to God. Peace.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915435' date='Jul 9 2009, 08:15 AM']My little brother's name is Mike.

He is much cooler than Michael Jackson.

:yes:[/quote]

haha who said Mike Jackson was cool ??

Edited by Guest

CatherineM

I certainly hope he has found the peace that eluded him in life. I also hope that his children survive the circus of legal battles that are shortly to erupt.

Marie-Therese

Delivery Boy,

Thank you for this respectful and charitable post. I completely agree...for those of us who know that we are sinners and can only pray God's mercy upon our souls, I can't see how we should not wish to extend that same desire for mercy to others. MJ certainly is not Jesus, no matter how much press coverage his passing garners; however, just because world media are vultures does not mean that this was not a human man who deserves our prayers. Only God is our judge.

My prayers still continue for his beautiful children, that they may find peace and comfort in their mourning.

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1915955' date='Jul 9 2009, 03:29 PM']I completely agree...for those of us who know that we are sinners and can only pray God's mercy upon our souls, I can't see how we should not wish to extend that same desire for mercy to others.[/quote]
I could not agree more with this.

+J.M.J.+
there was a reason it was closed. please don't circumvent the mods when they close a thread by opening a new thread about the same thing that was being argued over. :)