Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

I was thinking about writing Dust a private message about Iacobus, I was going to reommend that he becomes Church Faithful, do you think he has shown his faithfullness to the church?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

This fellow Dem needs a flag.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote] This fellow Dem needs a flag.[/quote]

But not on merits of being a dem, that should never be awarded.

:P

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Mar 31 2004, 03:34 PM']
But not on merits of being a dem, that should never be awarded.

:P [/quote]
What!?! That isn't very nice of you to say. And Trying2BFaithful, I might vote Dem but not pro choice. Belive it or not I once was pro choice (bascily becasue I had no real view and wanted to be a rebel agaisnt my peers) but that has all changed. You know who really help me at first? Greene (I think that is her name). We had to read an article by her in a class called "Seeking Abortions Middle Ground (REALLY good)" and I asked myself, Jacob, if 4,100 people were killing other people in the street what would you think? So yeah. But I will vote pro life till it no longer matters (becasue we are going to overturn Roe v Wade!!).

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

All I can tell you is that you will have a very difficult time voting both Democrat and Pro-Life. I know of only two pro-life Democrat politicians in the country.

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

Middle ground on Abortion? NO!!!! I will not compromise. Abortion is wrong, it should be 100% illegal.

Posted

That was the title of the article. It was 100% pro life. What is was a a socialoloigcal arugment for the end of abortion and was to achive it. It was not about giving it. If I can find the text I will post it sometime.

I know voting pro-life and dem can be hard. But my mayor probly won't affect it at all (excpet only one person every runs for mayor). But being pro-life and dem are not mutaly exculisive. Just really rare. I will at least vote for in the primaries Repbulicans that I can live with. I can live with many of them but just not some. I might vote for Jack Ryan (darn that last name) becuase he is pro life but he was also a teacher (he left Goldman Sachs to do it for a Francisian privite school in Chicago). But he likes Regannomics too much for me, but that is the good thing about him running for the seante (he can't make any tax bills). So he is as it stands 80% likly to get my vote. If McCain ran for the pres again I would vote for him. And to lasty prove that I like some of them I supported Gov. Ryan everyday. People would bash him and I would defend. IL has a really bad death row issues (13 innconet men where found on it in 13 years the police and DA were bad people) so Ryan changed all the sentices to life without parole and started to reform the system. I defend him still today for some of his actions as gov. even though he was indicted by Operation Safe Roads a few weeks back. But I would have voted for him. I would also vote for Arnie. I look at my votes for people on a case by case level and not by parties. If there is a repbulican that is pro life (abortion) and anti life (DP) and the dem is pro life (DP and abortion) I would vote for the Dem hands down. But if the parties where swicthed I would change my vote.

Posted

Oh anf the article I was talking about. It also talked about how women don't really want to get an abortion most see it as killing part of themselves. I don't know if it is true but I am sure some see it that why but I doubt they are the ones getting the abortions.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote] What!?! That isn't very nice of you to say.[/quote]

I put a smiley after it, thus indicating that I was only joking.

Posted

Sure... jk I figured as much. I see someone doesn't know me.

Trying2BFaithful
Posted (edited)

John McCain IS NOT pro-life. He claims to be, but if you consider some of his comments to the media, he is clearly NOT pro-life. He even uses some classic lines like, "If we outlawed abortion today, there would be women doing it themselves in back alleys with coat hangers."

National Right to Life would not give him an endorsement in 2000, but here's the kicker: HE DIDN'T ASK FOR ONE!! When you consider McCain's veiws on abortion and then think about his strong promotion of campaign finance reform one thing becomes clear : He is a rat in sheep's clothing. Not a good person to vote for.

Edited by Trying2BFaithful
Posted

Isn't his voting record 100% pro life? It doesn't matter what someone says it matters what they do. Some talk the talk but fail to walk. He is walking but amybe not talking.

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

No, his voting record is not 100% pro-life. As far as I know, he only voted in favor of the partial-birth abortion ban. He uses the exemptions excuse for "rape and incest" and the like. He's a total sell-out who tries to pander to fringe voters like yourself (not that there's anything wrong with fringe voters).

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

Here's one of his quotes:
McCain said, “I’d love to see a point where Roe vs. Wade is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.” A spokesman said that McCain “has a 17-year voting record of supporting efforts to overturn Roe vs. Wade. He does that currently, and will continue to do that as president.”

Here's the webpage with more of his moronic quotes:
[url="http://www.issues2000.org/2000/John_McCain_Abortion.htm"]http://www.issues2000.org/2000/John_McCain_Abortion.htm[/url]

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

If not a complete hippocrite, he's at least a walking contradiction. In my mind FAITH must precede WORKS. So even if he votes pro-life, it doesn't mean that he is!

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

Three more similar quotes:

"I would not seek to overturn Roe v. Wade tomorrow, because doing so would endanger the lives of women," World magazine reported on August 21. In a written release dated August 22, McCain said, "If Roe v. Wade were repealed tomorrow, it would force thousands of young women to undergo dangerous and illegal operations." And on Cable News Network on August 22, McCain said, "We all know, and it's obvious, that if we repeal Roe versus Wade tomorrow, thousands of young American women would be performing illegal and dangerous operations."

This is all VERY pro-choice rhetoric. [url="http://www.peopleforlife.org/mccainthreatensprolife.html"]http://www.peopleforlife.org/mccainthreatensprolife.html[/url]

He's as pro-life as the president of NARAL in my opinion.

Posted

Trying2BFaithful, thank you.

Posted

Once, 20 people vote yes, I'm going to recommend Iacobus for Church faihtful, anyone who hasn't voted?

Rebirth flame
Posted

i voted yes yesterday. Go Iacobus!!!! :D

Trying2BFaithful
Posted

Officially has my vote! ;)

Posted

Trying2BFaithful, that means something to me. I didn't know for sure, thought you might kill me, j/k. Thank again for the links.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...