An Old School Catholic Message Board

Res's Birthday Poll

BG45

The first thing to happen:  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Arpy' post='1917587' date='Jul 11 2009, 10:20 PM']Culus tibi purior salillo est,
nec toto decies cacas in anno!

Stuff like that?[/quote]

Knowing Res, it might be something like this: Eat meus pardus!!!

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1917813' date='Jul 12 2009, 07:49 AM']You might get parental permission to marry at 16, but I'm not sure you'd get a priest to go along with it.[/quote]

If anyone could, it's Rex. I'll bet he finds that one, he'll have no problem getting him to do that blessing of the bed either. ;)

eagle_eye222001

Happy Birthday.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lady+gaga/track/poker+face"]Lady GaGa - Poker Face[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1918953' date='Jul 13 2009, 04:12 PM']Happy Birthday.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lady+gaga/track/poker+face"]Lady GaGa - Poker Face[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]

Thanks! (Thanks to everyone else who wished me happy birthday as well. :) )

I'm very upset that the DMV isn't open on Mondays in my city. I'll have to wait a whole other day to get my unrestricted DL.

At least I'll be able to drive to the midnight showing of [i]Harry Potter[/i] without an adult Tuesday night! :woot:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1919003' date='Jul 13 2009, 05:51 PM']Thanks! (Thanks to everyone else who wished me happy birthday as well. :) )

I'm very upset that the DMV isn't open on Mondays in my city. I'll have to wait a whole other day to get my unrestricted DL.

At least I'll be able to drive to the midnight showing of [i]Harry Potter[/i] without an adult Tuesday night! :woot:[/quote]
So how does it work to get your DL in the US? In Alberta we have a big system. First, starting at 14, you can get a learner's permit. You just take a written test to get it, then you can only drive when someone with an unrestricted lisence is sitting beside you. Then at a minimum age of sixteen, and you have to have had your learner's permit for a minimum of one year, you can take a road test to get a restricted license. Restrictions mean that BAC has to be 0.00 with no exceptions, you can't teach a learner... not too many restrictions. Then three years later you take an advanced road test to get rid of the restrictions... like BAC legally being able to be 0.08 (which is pretty darn high anyway! :P )

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1919219' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:43 PM']So how does it work to get your DL in the US? In Alberta we have a big system. First, starting at 14, you can get a learner's permit. You just take a written test to get it, then you can only drive when someone with an unrestricted lisence is sitting beside you. Then at a minimum age of sixteen, and you have to have had your learner's permit for a minimum of one year, you can take a road test to get a restricted license. Restrictions mean that BAC has to be 0.00 with no exceptions, you can't teach a learner... not too many restrictions. Then three years later you take an advanced road test to get rid of the restrictions... like BAC legally being able to be 0.08 (which is pretty darn high anyway! :P )[/quote]

In my state the learner's permit is exactly like in Canada; however, that is where similarities end.

At fifteen, one who has had a restricted license for half a year can get his restricted license. The restricted license, though, has nothing to do with blood alcohol content. With a restricted license one can drive to and from work and school.

At age the age of sixteen, one can obtain his unrestricted license, with which he can drive anywhere, curfew being observed (not that anyone actually follows the curfew).

Edited by Resurrexi