An Old School Catholic Message Board

True Devotion To Mary

FiereMargriet

FiereMargriet

I'd like to start preparation for the de Monfort consecration to Mary today. I have a "simplified version" of St. Louis' book itself (the one edited by Rev. Msgr. Vincent M. Walsh) and then a supplemental preparation book (both of which I bought thinking it was the real book, but they seem solid and enlightening). Can I do the consecration using these, or do I need to get the real thing?

Also, the next month will be a little busy for me, but I feel confident that I can find the time and spiritual space for this important, beautiful consecration. Is this permissible? The only days I can see that might be a problem are the three days I will be at college orientation, but even so we will have free time...at least a little! And there's a Catholic chapel and Newman center I can go to.

JMJ
7/13 - St. Henry

FiereMargriet,

Yes, you can use the materials you have to make the consecration, and yes, you can perform the necessary devotions according to your schedule. That's one of the most beautiful things about St. Grignon de Montfort's devotion - it is only to take as much time as is necessary to prepare. Some can prepare in two or three days to make their consecration, others go beyond the thirty-three days he recommends. The key here is, "Whatever works." Hope this helps.

Yours,
Fr. Pio Nono