An Old School Catholic Message Board

Microsoft Plans Free, Online Version Of Office

eagle_eye222001

Microsoft  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Theologian in Training

seeing is believing. It's M$, after all, and it is online, so, though its free it still sounds "crippled"

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1920324' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:54 PM']My mom has always said that there is no such thing as a free lunch. :mellow:[/quote]

Unless you use Linux.

Nihil Obstat

I've been told that if I wait for back to school sales, they'll give me Microsoft Office Home Student for free with my new laptop. ^_^

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1919532' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:59 AM']Microsoft is making sure everyone has easy access to Office via the Internet instead of programming Office for every OS, which means Office:mac will be no more (doubt that would break any hearts)[/quote]

I actually love my mac office. It took me a while for me to find everything, but it has everything that I would want, minus Publisher.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1920637' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:59 PM']I've been told that if I wait for back to school sales, they'll give me Microsoft Office Home Student for free with my new laptop. ^_^[/quote]

a lot of schools give you office for free or only make you pay 10 dollars or so for it. My boyfriend at the time bought his for 6 or 7 and was allowed to use it 4 times, so he let me use it for free :))

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='mcts' post='1920720' date='Jul 15 2009, 04:04 PM']I actually love my mac office. It took me a while for me to find everything, but it has everything that I would want, minus Publisher.[/quote]

My mom has iWork... was playing around with Pages helping her with something and really liked it. I planned on buying iWork eventually anyway, but now I definitely want it. I have OpenOffice, but it's not much fun to use.

Thy Geekdom Come

Thank you for posting this. I wasn't aware Google Docs had progressed that far...I'm totally going to use some of their technology to embed slideshows and docs into websites now!

InHisLove726

Darn! I thought you were advertising a free version of Microsoft Word to be downloaded. :sadder: I downloaded Open Office 3.0 free, and I also use [url="http://docs.google.com/"]http://docs.google.com/[/url] .

I answered: no, no, and yes on the poll. I like Microsoft, but I am not interested in it enough to use it online. My parents' desktop has MS Word, so I use that when I need to print something. :)