An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oraprome Is Angry.....

OraProMe

Utterly surprised we don't have an Italian Mass here, they print the church calendars in English and Italian.

If all Masses celebrated in the Roman Rite were in Latin, we wouldn't have to bother with having English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, Portuguese, and Latvian Masses in every city.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1924823' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:00 PM']What about the homilies?

Wait, nevermind, in Rexi's universe, those would be in Latin as well.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

Homilies are not the most important part of the Mass.

Actually, until recently, homilies were not even considered a part of the Mass, but an interruption thereof.

That said, the homily (which should be kept short) would obviously be given in the most popular local vernacular.

In some places there could be a Mass with a Spanish homily just as there are Spanish Masses.

Oh how much better the world would be if the vernacular were not used for the Mass (except for the homily)!

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1924174' date='Jul 18 2009, 11:02 PM']He was supposed to go to an FSSP church today but missed his tram. So he wanders into the local parish and tries to pray for half an hour in between the chattering of old ladies and kids running around the sanctuary. Then Mass finally starts and it's in Italian! He speaks just enough Italian to catch the priests lame jokes at the altar and mumbles "mama mia" to himself.

On the bright side the priests homily was about the Year of the Priest and the small snippets I could understand were great and very edifying.

SO NOW OraProMe is going to go make a mug of red chai tea with honey.

How was Mass for everyone else this lovely Sunday?[/quote]
All night adoration with my youth ministry team at a church that had "golden oldies from '60s" themed mass parts. Made me frustrated and sick. But Jesus was there :woot: That was pretty awesome. Showed off (one of) my ol' EF missal(s) (was printed '63. Found it at a library sale).

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1924820' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:47 PM']If all Masses celebrated in the Roman Rite were in Latin, we wouldn't have to bother with having English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, Portuguese, and Latvian Masses in every city.[/quote]
Werd.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1924823' date='Jul 19 2009, 01:00 PM']What about the homilies?

Wait, nevermind, in Rexi's universe, those would be in Latin as well.[/quote]
You scoff, but one of my friends suggests a single currency for the whole word 'cause it would cause less problems with currency exchange (or something like that). :detective:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1924834' date='Jul 19 2009, 01:17 PM']:lol_roll:

Homilies are not the most important part of the Mass.

Actually, until recently, homilies were not even considered a part of the Mass, but an interruption thereof.

That said, the homily (which should be kept short) would obviously be given in the most popular local vernacular.

In some places there could be a Mass with a Spanish homily just as there are Spanish Masses.[/quote]
Werd. Short, and to the point.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1924837' date='Jul 19 2009, 01:19 PM']Oh how much better the world would be if the vernacular were not used for the Mass (except for the homily)![/quote]
:P

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1924837' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:19 PM']Oh how much better the world would be if the vernacular were not used for the Mass (except for the homily)![/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure that would solve world hunger, poverty, crime, addictions, and global warming. You should send a letter to the Pope.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1924976' date='Jul 19 2009, 03:56 PM']Have you not heard the statement: "save the liturgy, save the world"?[/quote]
:cool:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1924976' date='Jul 19 2009, 03:56 PM']Have you not heard the statement: "save the liturgy, save the world"?[/quote]

LOL

I don't think Fr. Z is talking about physical problems like war or famine.

piano_freak184

[quote name='pat22' post='1924772' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:52 AM']bbbooooorrrriiinnnnnggggg......... duh[/quote]
:yawn: