Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Marie-Therese
Posted

1. Ora, I do think that your post to Rex was very gentle and understanding...I was actually very proud of you.

2. Rex, I hope that you did not feel attacked or insulted by my post, because I certainly did not intend for that. I did hope that you would take a moment and consider what was being said. What upset me personally is that after what I said, your only response to my comments was to agree with Hassan's comment about the cookies, and his comment was intended to be sarcastic. For you to seriously post and nod that was Ora needs is not love (as I said before) but to get cookies and a girlfriend...well, I am disappointed in you.

I don't think that on any level Ora has any delusions about the Catholic position on homosexuality, yet he struggles with his intellectual assent. Instead of offering him support and advice, you ping on his SSA continuously. I'm STRAIGHT and sometimes offended by you beating the dead horse into the dirt.

There are none among us here who are without sin, and yes, Rex, that includes you. I don't want to continue to make issue of your age, but unfortunately I think that does come into play in this situation. You lack some interpersonal and life experience that would make valuable assists in terms of living your faith in the truest sense. Intellectualism is magnificent. I am a HUGE nerd. However, I don't care how many Latin verbs you conjugate, not one of them makes a person's heart feel valued.

Want me to give you a little secret? As my little Southern Nana would always say, catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Try to be understanding. No one has asked you to agree with Ora, and I don't think you need to worry that anyone thinks that you secretly DO agree with him. That said, we're all human here.

Jesus is more than just an intellectual argument. He IS. A little more compassion with our brothers and sisters is what He wants of us. Think of the pharisee and the tax collector.

Posted

Rexi, what's your freakin' problem? Get outa here... srsly... you and ora need to get along. Be friends. Stop pushing his buttons. Grow up. As for OPM, too bad about the seminary thing. :/ Something good will come of it though. I hope.




On another note, my girlfriend made me cookies :mellow:

southern california guy
Posted

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1925144' date='Jul 19 2009, 06:58 PM']I wouldn't say I decided I was homosexual after I left the seminary. It's just at 13 and 14 kids don't categorize their sexuality. It just is. I have no idea if some of the priests were homosexual, they all seemed fairly masculine but I'm not exactly feminine myself so that doesn't really mean anything. I didn't see any homosexual activity if that's what you mean and I've never suffered sexual abuse. I don't necessarily believe seeing or even being in homosexual activity will make someone gay, either. I've kissed my old boyfriend plenty of times in front of my friends and none of them have dumped their girlfriends yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it :topsy:[/quote]

Ora,

That's good to hear about the Seminary. Thank you for replying. That will help avoid rumors.

I went to Redmond High School in Washington. That's the town where Bill Gates located Microsoft. When I was in Elementary school a man that ran a "Little Dribblers" basketball camp for the kids molested some of the boys my age. He later became the basketball coach at Redmond High School. After my senior year he was turned in by several of the guys in my grade -- and criminally prosecuted. Several of the boys he molested are now homosexuals..

Would they have become homosexuals anyway? Honestly I doubt it. I think that it has something to do with it. But fortunately that's not the case with you.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Rich

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...