An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Just Heart Of Joseph

Guest Servant of Divine

Guest Servant of Divine

Dear friends, I have a very strong devotion to both Twin Hearts and to St. Joseph as well. I was once mediatating and an I then imangined St. Joseph's heart, encircled by grains or by an olive branch- in a similiar fashion as the Sacred Heart. I feel as though I must now spread devotion to the Just Heart of Joseph. If there are any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

[color="#000080"]Hi,

Well, for me personally, in business, I learned something from a very wise man, Donald Trump -Ha!

When you need some help or a decision made ---"Go to the top." Don't waste time
on someone that hasn't the authority to answer your question.

For me, Jesus, is da Man ---if I'm going to concentrate or envision anyone's heart I'm going to the Top...right straight to Number One. Personally.

You've got a good heart yourself. :)

God bless,
Jon[/color]

tinytherese

[quote name='Jon' post='1930474' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:24 AM'][color="#000080"]Hi,

Well, for me personally, in business, I learned something from a very wise man, Donald Trump -Ha!

For me, Jesus, is da Man ---if I'm going to concentrate or envision anyone's heart I'm going to the Top...right straight to Number One. Personally.

God bless,
Jon[/color][/quote]

Mediators help us though. It's like having someone recommend you for a job or school. Besides it trains us in humility asking someone else to speak on our behalf. In the words of St. Louis DeMontfort, "To Jesus through Mary." Just look what happened at the wedding at Cana! Through Mary's intercession, Jesus performed His first public miracle. He didn't want to do it at first, but Mary gently persuaded Him to do it. Think of asking the help of Mary and the saints as having friends in high places. ( :lol_roll: Pun.)

[quote name='Jon' post='1930474' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:24 AM'][color="#000080"]Hi,

God bless,
Jon[/color][/quote]

Ah, but Jesus is not like Donald Trump. He loves his Mom and his foster-father, and he loves when we love them. Jesus is a family man, not a business man.

And Joseph and Mary love Jesus so much, they are always going to push you deeper into Jesus' Sacred Heart! Deeper than you could ever get on your own steam!

Edited by zunshynn

[color="#000080"]This is actually quite fascinating for me --I am on another site that bashes Catholics quite regularly. They do NOT understand intermediators.
I say the same things you have said to soften their stance. ( I may even say --sometimes it's easier to ask your mom to ask your Dad for the car keys... so what's the big deal?) They still baulk.

I have been influenced ---it does make sense for me as a child of God to go right to the top ---I accept His Authority over me and I accept my authority on this earth that Jesus regained for me because of Adam's handing it over to satan ....so I go to the top.

I have authority because I am under His Authority. I believe in the Kingdom set upon earth. I have every right to go to the Good and Kindly King directly... ( I may have digressed, sorry.)

This is a different concept than what most of you may be used to. Oh, well, that's ok. We all have different relationships with our Father.

I imagine this will stir something up -that's ok, right? I love you all.[/color]

tinytherese

There's nothing wrong with talking directly with God Our Heavenly Father, but that doesn't mean that talking to other members in our family is wrong either. The saints are not the ones that in the end grant our requests. It is them praying on our behalf just like if you were to ask someone here on earth to pray for an intention of yours. I once read that sure maybe Jesus giving us Mary as Our Mother is more than what is required, but that's the beauty of Jesus-- He gives us EVEN more than what is required, more than the bare minimum. Our God is a generous God who sure likes that we want to be with Him, but He doesn't want us to stop there. He wants us to want to go deeper than that, to go deep in union with Him and that's where Mary and the saints can help us. They struggled too in their earthly lives and have gone through what we have and they want to help us.

Think of a saint that has gone through the same struggle that you have gone through and hears your humble request. How sympathetic they would be towards you and them going right before God saying, "Please help them Lord, you remember how much of a struggle it was for me. Please look with compassion on him." How much more inclined god would be to grant your request!

I suggest reading, "True Devotion to Mary." It's a classic.

I am quite shocked I just posted you a long post and was clearly "logged in" - then it told me to "log in" and my entire post was erased.

So, it wasn't meant to be.

Love ya TT. I'll leave it at that.

You, too Zunshyn :)

Edited by Jon