An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hassan

Resurrexi

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1932623' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:47 PM']I don't believe Hassan has ever posted a real picture of himself. It's never the same twice.[/quote]

If he did, we'd never know it...

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1932623' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:47 PM']I don't believe Hassan has ever posted a real picture of himself. It's never the same twice.[/quote]

You've seen a photo of me.

On facebook :detective:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932632' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:53 PM']You've seen a photo of me.

On facebook :detective:[/quote]

This confirms it.

I have indeed seen his picture.

Nihil Obstat

I just remembered Facebook. Regular Phatmassers just aren't worth of that kind of access.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1932635' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:54 PM']This confirms it.

I have indeed seen his picture.[/quote]

:yes:

Well. Back from high school.

The one you have seen is with Nicole, Josh and John at St. Paul of the Cross Monastery in Pittsburgh

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932649' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:07 PM']:yes:

Well. Back from high school.

The one you have seen is with Nicole, Josh and John at St. Paul of the Cross Monastery in Pittsburgh[/quote]

So those are your Catholic friends?

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1932765' date='Jul 26 2009, 08:52 PM']So those are your Catholic friends?[/quote]

Some of them.

Well, they used to be at least. We all went to different schools and don't really cross paths very often anymore.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932786' date='Jul 26 2009, 09:22 PM']Some of them.

Well, they used to be at least. We all went to different schools and don't really cross paths very often anymore.[/quote]

Does this mean that some of them joined you in converting to Crypto-Islam?

:mellow:

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1932789' date='Jul 26 2009, 09:27 PM']Does this mean that some of them joined you in converting to Crypto-Islam?

:mellow:[/quote]

Some of them have joined me in "rebelling". Although there’s more akin to Luther's initial rebellion over indulgences while mine is more "here I stand I can do no other". That is to say before I lost faith I was already more familiar with anti religious and atheistic thought than most atheists I knew and I was much more serious about and centered on the faith then they were. Those that are now rebelling, for the most part, simply read a few passages from Nietzsche or Voltaire in Philosophy 101, decided they really didn't like getting up for Mass on Sundays and wanted to get laid (I don't think that term is too vulgar but if it is please let me know). Most of them will go back to the Church at some point. Either they'll marry a Catholic girl or decide that secular living doesn't give their life that warm and fuzzy feeling they got from Life Teen retreats whatever. If not the Catholic Church they'll become Evangelicals, Mormons or something like that. So no, they did not join me in becoming Secret Muslims, although they do seem to want to flirt with the faith in their college years :P