An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dust Is Like The Pope

Resurrexi

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1932755' date='Jul 26 2009, 08:32 PM']Shouldn't this be in the Lame Board?[/quote]

:no:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1932685' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:15 PM']That must mean i stink cause i've been here years longer than a lot of the newer Church Militants.[/quote]
No, it's because you're not pure blooded Italian. You're probably half Irish.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1932814' date='Jul 26 2009, 09:03 PM']No, it's because you're not pure blooded Italian. You're probably half Irish.[/quote]

or mexican. :mellow:
I clean up after the mess...

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1932685' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:15 PM']That must mean i stink cause i've been here years longer than a lot of the newer Church Militants.[/quote]

Haha... you know what I just realized? You joined the day after I did! :lol:

I don't think you stink Heavenseeker. I think you will be rewarded greatly in Heaven for your fidelity and love of the Church, even without a little Church Militant tag. Jesus was mocked and scorned. His crown was a wreath of thorns. He's letting you be like Him in a very very small way, by being unnoticed. But even though it's small, it's valuable because he chose it for you.

Honestly, I used to get a little unsure about the fact that I've never gotten Church Militant... I wondered if I was saying things that didn't seem orthodox, and I couldn't quite figure it out. Then, I just kind of decided there was no use worrying about that... I could only do my best to be faithful to Church teaching, and defend it, and hope that I've lived what I believe in to the best of my ability and never scandalized anyone. I would never want to... and I trust that Jesus knows that.

I think, I'm just one of those people that doesn't tend to be noticed that much. I've always been like that. Its part of my temperament... And finally I realized that that was ok. Most of my life I've had people trying to get me to be more outgoing... and I always was kicking myself for not being more of the personable "fun" type... But that just not the way God made me. And my way of sharing my faith is different than others, and is going to reach different people in different ways. But God will still use that for His glory.

My point is, even if your orthodoxy and fidelity hasn't been "noticed" enough to be made Church Militant on here, you might have affected people on here that you won't know about until eternity, and you have been noticed by God. :flowers:

And yeah... Maybe it is because you're Irish or from Kansas. :mellow: Great suffering sometimes comes from things we did not ask for. But Jesus chose that for you too! And all things work out for good for those who love God! Even being from Kansas! Not that there's anything wrong with Kansas. Except the airport in Kansas City. That is an airport with one idiotic layout if there ever was one. :lol: :mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932844' date='Jul 26 2009, 10:34 PM']Haha... you know what I just realized? You joined the day after I did! :lol:

I don't think you stink Heavenseeker. I think you will be rewarded greatly in Heaven for your fidelity and love of the Church, even without a little Church Militant tag. Jesus was mocked and scorned. His crown was a wreath of thorns. He's letting you be like Him in a very very small way, by being unnoticed. But even though it's small, it's valuable because he chose it for you.

Honestly, I used to get a little unsure about the fact that I've never gotten Church Militant... I wondered if I was saying things that didn't seem orthodox, and I couldn't quite figure it out. Then, I just kind of decided there was no use worrying about that... I could only do my best to be faithful to Church teaching, and defend it, and hope that I've lived what I believe in to the best of my ability and never scandalized anyone. I would never want to... and I trust that Jesus knows that.

I think, I'm just one of those people that doesn't tend to be noticed that much. I've always been like that. Its part of my temperament... And finally I realized that that was ok. Most of my life I've had people trying to get me to be more outgoing... and I always was kicking myself for not being more of the personable "fun" type... But that just not the way God made me. And my way of sharing my faith is different than others, and is going to reach different people in different ways. But God will still use that for His glory.

My point is, even if your orthodoxy and fidelity hasn't been "noticed" enough to be made Church Militant on here, you might have affected people on here that you won't know about until eternity, and you have been noticed by God. :flowers:

And yeah... Maybe it is because you're Irish or from Kansas. :mellow: Great suffering sometimes comes from things we did not ask for. But Jesus chose that for you too! And all things work out for good for those who love God! Even being from Kansas! Not that there's anything wrong with Kansas. Except the airport in Kansas City. That is an airport with one idiotic layout if there ever was one. :lol: :mellow:[/quote]
Nobody was more surprised than me when I got a flag. In fact I'm still surprised. I just try not to mention it in case it was a big mistake and they take it away. :unsure: Shhhh.......
You're right though, nobody should worry about it. :) Anyone that's here longer than a couple weeks realizes that the flags don't automatically make a post good, and lack thereof doesn't make a post bad.

heavenseeker

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1932814' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:03 PM']No, it's because you're not pure blooded Italian. You're probably half Irish.[/quote]
hey im only 1/4 Irish. and whats so bad about being Irish any ways?

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932844' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:34 PM']Haha... you know what I just realized? You joined the day after I did! :lol:

I don't think you stink Heavenseeker. I think you will be rewarded greatly in Heaven for your fidelity and love of the Church, even without a little Church Militant tag. Jesus was mocked and scorned. His crown was a wreath of thorns. He's letting you be like Him in a very very small way, by being unnoticed. But even though it's small, it's valuable because he chose it for you.[/quote]

Wow i never noticed that :lol: And thanks for not thinking that i stink.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932844' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:34 PM']Honestly, I used to get a little unsure about the fact that I've never gotten Church Militant... I wondered if I was saying things that didn't seem orthodox, and I couldn't quite figure it out. Then, I just kind of decided there was no use worrying about that... I could only do my best to be faithful to Church teaching, and defend it, and hope that I've lived what I believe in to the best of my ability and never scandalized anyone. I would never want to... and I trust that Jesus knows that.[/quote]

yeah i used to be upset about not getting the tag but I actually quit caring about a year and a half ago. I was actually just making a joke based on the mafia rankings, guess i didnt make that clear though.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932844' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:34 PM']I think, I'm just one of those people that doesn't tend to be noticed that much. I've always been like that. Its part of my temperament... And finally I realized that that was ok. Most of my life I've had people trying to get me to be more outgoing... and I always was kicking myself for not being more of the personable "fun" type... But that just not the way God made me. And my way of sharing my faith is different than others, and is going to reach different people in different ways. But God will still use that for His glory.[/quote]

yeah i'm the same way i have my friends that i like to do stuff with and thats about it, i dont like to go out and just do stuff at random that much. though i have started to branch out more this past year by going to more parties and doing a few more things that i didnt used to do. but its not because i think that i have to its just been a natural shift like God was like "ok you made it to the point where i want you to start doing more things of this nature.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932844' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:34 PM']My point is, even if your orthodoxy and fidelity hasn't been "noticed" enough to be made Church Militant on here, you might have affected people on here that you won't know about until eternity, and you have been noticed by God. :flowers:[/quote]

yeah i guess so, i do tend to forget about the ripple effect where you make and impact on someone and have no idea about it.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932844' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:34 PM']And yeah... Maybe it is because you're Irish or from Kansas. :mellow: Great suffering sometimes comes from things we did not ask for. But Jesus chose that for you too! And all things work out for good for those who love God! Even being from Kansas! Not that there's anything wrong with Kansas. Except the airport in Kansas City. That is an airport with one idiotic layout if there ever was one. :lol: :mellow:[/quote]

oh come on? not you have t obring being from Kansas into this too? :ohno:
you are right there is nothing wrong with Kansas, not even that idiotic airport. that belongs to Missouri. :P same with the Chiefs and the Royals. :lol:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1933638' date='Jul 28 2009, 12:15 AM']hey im only 1/4 Irish. and whats so bad about being Irish any ways?[/quote]
In Goodfellas, the main character could never become a made man because he was half Irish, not pure Italian. Same with DeNiro's character. Joe Pesci's character was Italian, and he was going to be made, but they offed him instead because he murdered a made man earlier on in the movie.

heavenseeker

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1933641' date='Jul 28 2009, 01:20 AM']In Goodfellas, the main character could never become a made man because he was half Irish, not pure Italian. Same with DeNiro's character. Joe Pesci's character was Italian, and he was going to be made, but they offed him instead because he murdered a made man earlier on in the movie.[/quote]
and you agree with this?