An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers?

Fidei Defensor

Archaeology cat

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1937974' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:05 PM']However, I originally went in because I had ongoing nausea for about 3 weeks. But they decided that since I never vomited, it wasn't serious. Yeah, easy to say that, but living with the nausea is horrid.[/quote]
Oh I completely understand. I've had constant nausea for a bit now, and just today convinced a doc to give me something for it. Hard to chase after a toddler when I'm nauseated all the time.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1938026' date='Aug 1 2009, 11:46 AM']Oh I completely understand. I've had constant nausea for a bit now, and just today convinced a doc to give me something for it. Hard to chase after a toddler when I'm nauseated all the time.[/quote]
What did you get? I've had Promethazine (Phenergan) which is great if you take it at night or a small dose (which is only hit and miss for relief) because it'll drop you like a rock with tiredness. I've discovered that the OTC motion sickness drug Meclizine (Bonine, Dramamine II) works wonders. It lasts 12-24 hours, and will only make you drowsy the first few times you use it.

If you don't get any significant relief soon, I would recommend trying it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1938039' date='Aug 1 2009, 06:56 PM']What did you get? I've had Promethazine (Phenergan) which is great if you take it at night or a small dose (which is only hit and miss for relief) because it'll drop you like a rock with tiredness. I've discovered that the OTC motion sickness drug Meclizine (Bonine, Dramamine II) works wonders. It lasts 12-24 hours, and will only make you drowsy the first few times you use it.

If you don't get any significant relief soon, I would recommend trying it.[/quote]
Oh yes, phenergan is great. But I can't take it whilst breastfeeding. They gave me cyclizine, which is helping, praise God. I hadn't thought of getting some Dramamine! I'll have to remember that for the future.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1938769' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:13 AM']Oh yes, phenergan is great. But I can't take it whilst breastfeeding. They gave me cyclizine, which is helping, praise God. I hadn't thought of getting some Dramamine! I'll have to remember that for the future.[/quote]
Cyclizine is good, it's a cousin of Meclizine. If you ever try Dramamine, just make sure to get the less drowsy formula. The original will also drop you like a rock. The less drowsy formula is usually called "Dramamine II."

Archaeology cat

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1938906' date='Aug 2 2009, 04:56 PM']Cyclizine is good, it's a cousin of Meclizine. If you ever try Dramamine, just make sure to get the less drowsy formula. The original will also drop you like a rock. The less drowsy formula is usually called "Dramamine II."[/quote]
Oh, I've had the original Dramamine, and it does make me sleep. I didn't know there was a Dramamine II until you mentioned it. I'm feeling better now, so I guess it's working.

I hope & pray that you feel better soon, and that you & the docs figure out what's happening.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1938913' date='Aug 2 2009, 10:08 AM']Oh, I've had the original Dramamine, and it does make me sleep. I didn't know there was a Dramamine II until you mentioned it. I'm feeling better now, so I guess it's working.

I hope & pray that you feel better soon, and that you & the docs figure out what's happening.[/quote]
Thanks. I hope you continue to feel well, too. Nausea is definitely an underestimated ill.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

The syptoms sound like anxiety and nerves. I went through that from 16 to 18yrs old. Until the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior and he told me that he has already has forgiven me for all my sins but i have to let him and forgive myself. Now iam anxiety free. Because we cannot rest until we rest in him. Ill say some prayers. Also try some natural anxiety relief. That helped me alot. Yoga for instance. Stretching. Exercise, sports. Aromatherapy.

Fidei Defensor

I made an appointment with my doctor for Thursday. I feel a bit silly going in again because I've been in so many times for so many things. But I feel like this is the one thing that hasn't resolved itself, so I guess it's worth it.

StGiannaismyhero!

[color="#9932CC"]I will keep you in my thoughts and prays. Did you ask Solanus Casey to pray for you?

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria![/color]