An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do You Heal A Ligament Injury...

southern california guy

southern california guy

I hurt my left arm at work a couple of weeks ago and it's still pretty gimpy. I can't really do bench presses, or shoulder presses, but I can strangely do rows and deadlifts with no pain. In fact I used to be able to deadlift about 550 pounds (250 kilograms) -- and I still can. But is that something that I should be doing when my left arms hurt?? I could safely train my legs though.

I got a message last week and that was really really really good (I love her messages!!). But a message costs a bit of money so I can't do that very often.

What should I do?

Richard

Fidei Defensor

You really should see a doctor. Otherwise, you need to rest the suspected ligaments. Stressing them even further will only cause more damage. They need time to heal.

For a second I thought uh-oh, he took our advice on the backward crossovers and hurt himself.

Hope you heal up soon. Maybe try putting some aspercreme on it?

[quote name='southern california guy' post='1939429' date='Aug 2 2009, 11:03 PM']I got a message last week and that was really really really good (I love her messages!!). But a message costs a bit of money so I can't do that very often.[/quote]

Maybe switch to a different cellular provider that has a better plan for text messages? Or does your phone company not offer free voicemail - maybe you need your own answering machine?

Edited by Norseman82

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1939478' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:57 AM']Maybe switch to a different cellular provider that has a better plan for text messages? Or does your phone company not offer free voicemail - maybe you need your own answering machine?[/quote]

I can't tell if you're joking or not... he meant "massage."